Echo DCS-2500T Review

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Matt

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I’ve been watching this saw for a while now, but for some reason Echo hasn’t released it in the US yet(there are some short YouTube reviews on it from early 2020). I wanted to purchase it from the local dealer, but he said it wouldn’t be available until May of this year, and he doubted he’d get any of the first units anyway. I found a pawn shop in Kansas selling it for over $100 less than what the dealer would charge, so I pulled the trigger.
The saw feels well made and is very light weight. 5B758A84-9BC2-46BC-AE02-67BF1095D638.jpeg
Here’s a size comparison with the 355:A2AF3E1F-8049-45D5-89CC-0164DB0E9FB5.jpeg
As far as performance goes, I was pleasantly surprised! I was able to make 111 cuts on 2-4” oak and still had two bars left on the 2.5 mah battery(won’t fit a 5.0). I noticed a bit of chatter with the factory chain and may try out a 1/4 pitch .043 in the future. Overall, I think it’s worth it even at the $499 dealer price. Spare batteries run about $100 each. One handed cuts were a breeze with the weight and ergonomics, if one were so inclined to do such a thing… Can’t wait to climb with it.77B2BB42-6DBD-4186-834A-8CF891BC343D.jpeg

I've been interested too since reading a very positive European review last year. If it comes close to a 2511 in power I want one. Seems pretty suspicious that a pawn shop would have one already.

I've been interested too since reading a very positive European review last year. If it comes close to a 2511 in power I want one. Seems pretty suspicious that a pawn shop would have one already.
I was thinking the same thing. Probably stolen from the Home Depot.

Yeah, I found it odd too. It was on eBay, brand new in the box. All the sellers with them in stock seem to be small resale shops or pawn shops. I wonder how they have them but no dealers do… I checked Home Depot for the past year, but they’ve never stocked them locally.

They’re all serialized and most pawn shops are pretty good about staying on the right side of the law, especially the FFL holders.

Latest posts

Back