Echo WES 2511 sudden stop and won't run anymore

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tzer

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Yesterday I was using my ECHO WES 2511 (2019 model), after the first fuel tank, I let it one hour (lunch time) and I refill it with my usual fuel. Suddenly while I was cutting some tiny branch it stop, and don't start anymore.

I check :

- the plug (and try a new one, in fact 2 news plug)
- I have disassembled the carburetor, check the little filter, put some air in the different holes, sprinkler, check membranes... It was like new
- Check the on/off button, even tried it with it disconnected
- reset the H L screw to the stock setting

I have some tiny spark, but on the particular model is not easy to test do the spark test, the plug is under the saw, and there is a lot of plastic, and a short spark wire...

I suspect the ignition coil , I that possible that I have some spark with a dysfunctional ignition coil ?

Thank's in advance

ps : I'm French and my English poor, don't be too rude with me ;)

I have experienced a Stihl saw sparking with the plug out of the cylinder, but not sparking under compression. The coil was faulty as well. Can"t see any other problem ...

Yeah me too ! Thanks for your answer, I found an orignal part on eBay... for 40$ will try it. Anyway I Will see my local dealer, because I think it's under warranty. :innocent:

Hello,

I had some news. Indeed the ignition was faulty. My local dealer replace it, and now it start well. I think will have to tune the carb .But I have a tachometer so It should not be a problem.

If you're in France, then have a dealer adjust the carburetor. The ignition system in 2511WES is different from that of US and has active idle speed management. To properly adjust the carburetor the dealer has to bypass it, which is a specific ritual.
If it is not done, you will turn L needle both directions quite a lot without actually noticing any change (but then have real issues with accelerations and startability).

Yesterday I was using my ECHO WES 2511 (2019 model), after the first fuel tank, I let it one hour (lunch time) and I refill it with my usual fuel. Suddenly while I was cutting some tiny branch it stop, and don't start anymore.

I check :

- the plug (and try a new one, in fact 2 news plug)
- I have disassembled the carburetor, check the little filter, put some air in the different holes, sprinkler, check membranes... It was like new
- Check the on/off button, even tried it with it disconnected
- reset the H L screw to the stock setting

I have some tiny spark, but on the particular model is not easy to test do the spark test, the plug is under the saw, and there is a lot of plastic, and a short spark wire...

I suspect the ignition coil , I that possible that I have some spark with a dysfunctional ignition coil ?

Thank's in advance

ps : I'm French and my English poor, don't be too rude with me ;)
I sometimes use a screwdriver to extend the ground to check spark

Back