Efco CS-152 Question on Muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2lumbarleft

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I have a brand new Efco CS-152 powerhead. I removed the top shroud and removed the limiters from the carburetor,,but so far they are in their original position of adjustment. I have never worked on one of these saws before, but I removed the two nuts and protective impact shield from the front of the muffler. It appears that the muffler is mounted similar to Echo chainsaws with two posts bolts, one on either side, encapsulated into the cylinder housing and used to mount the muffler, the nuts pulling the muffler and protective plate back with tension to the cylinder. I have two questions.

First, am I missing something here, because the muffler will not just slide back away from the two post bolts. I have used quite allot of pressure and mild screw driver prying, but it will not budge.

Second, if you have removed one of these mufflers, can you tell me if they disassemble like some older Stihl mufflers? There is a exhaust guide screen, but it obviously can not be changed except from dissassembly of the muffler. I have been told these mufflers have catalysts, but that is not what I have seen on schematic diagrams. What I am looking for is someone who as actually taken one of these mufflers off and can possibly tell me what is inside. The saw was manufactured in 2009. Right now, my impression is that the muffler is sealed and may not disassemble (perhaps I am completely wrong). There is no information readily available on the internet, so I am looking for someone who has actually removed and opened one of these cans.

Back