Elastostart Fit on Non-Stihl Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can't replace just the cord in an Elastostart. The rope that comes on them is plenty long enough though, and if it's too long, just cut it off.

You CAN replace the rope on the TS400 style handles!
I have done so.
Now below is overkill on a FS250 lol but its been on there a while with a replaced 3.5mm rope:cheers:
fs250.jpg

Good show, thinking of doing this to my 266SE, it can be a bit fighty when it's cold. Might give this a go this week.

Good show, thinking of doing this to my 266SE, it can be a bit fighty when it's cold. Might give this a go this week.

Its like night and day the difference it will make! £9 well spent.
The rope on the TS400 style handles has 2 plastic stops, One at the end and one a few inches farther down, The one farthest down pulls on the rubber shock absorber and the top one will lock up the rope when the rubber wont stretch any farther.

BTW i was at East midlands airport yesterday coming back from Spain 450 mile drive home to Inverness:)

Last edited:
I love 'em...I even have the mini Elastostart on my FS76 brushcutter.

The 361 Elastostart, 3.5mm, is 1128 190 3400

Last edited:
Quite a drive old chap, I drove from the welsh borders to Skipness once, not something I'd do again for that sort of money. Nice area though, completely different world up there. :)

Elastostarts are nice, I had one on a hired leafblower and it does make a difference. Might be the next big thing for my saws.

Yep the Elastostart rope portion is replaceable. I recently took the 460R loop handle off my 660 and replaced the tiny handle on my 394XP. What a difference to the positive! I prefer a loop handle over an Elastostart on the bigger saws.

Tell me more....

I bought a new elastostart handle/rope for my 066 and was thinking I would used the old one for one of my other finger biters. Problem is the rope is just too short to be practical, in my opinion. The rope on the new one also seemed to be pretty short. Can you get them somehow with a longer rope? I still have a few saws I would love to fit with the elastostart system to save my fingers; the 740 in particular.

Mark

Latest posts

Back