• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Electric Chainsaw Sharpener disks quoting wrong size for .325

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FNEC

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
All the 3.2mm wheels say they are for 3/8 / .325
I find that odd as my MS201T takes a 3/8P chain which requires a 4mm file and my MS2361 takes a .325 which requires a 4.8mm file. 3.2mm is not going to anywhere near fill the tooth on the .325
Oregon do 2 disks
3.2mm which they say is for 3/8" low profile, 0.325" and ¼" pitch chainsaw chains
4.7mm which they say is for 3/8" and 0.404" pitch chainsaw chains

Surely the 4.7mm would be better for my .325 chain??? No seen a 4mm disk anywhere so I could make do with the 3.2mm for the 3/8P to reset the angles and lengths every now and then and use the hand file most of the time as it is only a 14in bar and takes no time. I'd use the file for the .325 as well but if I need to reset it i'd rather be using the fatter 4.7mm to do it..... but am I missing something above for why they keep quoting the 3.2mm for .325 chains??
It probably does not matter if you run mulyi chains and only electric sharpen, but if you file too, then the tooth gullet won't be ground out at 4.8mm for your file after using the 3.2mm disk etc...

Latest posts

Back