Electrostart Confusion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RES

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Here is one for Andy to straighten out. The Stihl site lists three Electrostart sizes as follows.

Small 1123 190 3400
Medium 1128 190 3400 3.5mm?
Large 1122 190 3400 4.5mm (I measured it)

On Ebay they are selling the following model:

1122 190 2900 fitting the small saws. (On the photo the package is marked 0000 190 3402. The package photo shows a spring inside the handle and the rope looks like it can be replaced.

On Ebay they also are selling an elastostart rope replacement. (1123 190 2900)

On the Elastostart I put on my 038AV Super, it had a rubber section. The cord did not look like it could be replaced.

Are there differant Electostart models? Has Stihl updated the design from a spring to stretch rubber?

The spring versions are for the smaller saws and trimmers.

The rubber versions are all the same except for the diameter of the replaceable cord.

To replace the cord on the rubber version, pry up the top plug and pull it out. Reverse for installation...

Big regional differences in price - the rubber version for the 046/066 is less than $20 MSRP out here.

Last edited:
This Electostart...is it battery powered or 110V?

That is another trade secret prototype... the electric pull starter. analogous to the electric start on Shovelheads in the 80's because many older bikers had bad knees from kicking over thse old Knuckles and Pans..................I think the power source for this is either on-board distilled corn likker or propane stored in the handle...........:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back