Elevation changes...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Universe said:
Well I'll be working outside in the winter :)

There's a big difference between working outside when you're getting paid oilpatch wages, and working outside on your own time for fun when it is at those temperatures. Not to mention that you'll have to see how much free time you even have, a lot of the oil and gas crews work some pretty long hours. In winter, daylight hours are also noticeably shorter than further south.

I'm quite aware of the conditions and my time off. I'll have time, believe me.

I wish people would stop talking to me like I know nothing about my upcoming job, or place of residence. No offence to you, I've just heard it all before. Especially from people who have never been there before (I have).

Universe said:
I'm quite aware of the conditions and my time off. I'll have time, believe me.

I wish people would stop talking to me like I know nothing about my upcoming job, or place of residence. No offence to you, I've just heard it all before. Especially from people who have never been there before (I have).

I wasn't trying to insult you or make it seem like you were clueless about what you were getting into, but just making sure you were aware of what you'll be dealing with in case you weren't. A lot of people don't know what they can expect.

I don't know the exact laws regarding bike trails in Alberta, but I know around Edmonton, they'll tear down any ramps and such built on public land, due to the liability. You might want to check into it before you start bulding away, once you get there.

Latest posts

Back