Elevation saddle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hank

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with the Elevation saddle from Sherrill's? I would like to get into some recreational tree climbing and have been looking at their starter climbing kit. I am also a Maintenance supervisor on a piece of property and we do some of our own tree pruning. Thanks for any information you can provide.
Hank

Actually never heard of the elevation so checked out the sherrill website. I'm still laughing over this quote. "And if comfort is your quest, nothing nestles your back or cuddles your bum like elevation from sherrill." Sounds like you'd need to take this saddle on a couple of dates before you break it in.

But seriously, it's patterned after the master, a saddle that i've heard very few complaints about. The only thing that i don't like are the soft d's. Can't really call them d rings, i guess attachment point for your flipline/lanyard.

I tried this saddle out compared to 4 others offered by Sherrill. I had the luxury of hanging in them at the Vermeer store. The Elevation was the worst one of the lot. I have a friend in Florida that has one and he hates his. I ended up with the Glide which was the most comfortable at the time. I have been to Vermeer twice in the past month and tried out the new Petzl Sequoia. I will probably end up buying it this month. It is lightweight and very comfortable. It would be a great work/rec saddle.

Back