Enclosing cab on 863 bobcat.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a plastic enclosure for my 863 on ebay last year for $265.00 I think it was.
Made plowing snow much nicer. I don't have a heater but if you wanted one I think a 12 volt defroster would do the job.
Andy

Greg,

Does/is your machine going to have the capabilty to keep the "enclosure" clean and defrosted? Just a thought out loud.

Not really, I was just going to use a plig in heater as a heater/defroster, but nothing on the outside. I really wish I could find a used door, but so do a lot of other people. Maybe I'd be better off selling the mahine and buying a different one with cab/heat...

you can buy thick perspex which can be shaped and clamped to the cab....what with foam fillers and some ingenuity, a cab could be fashioned by using the original frame, demisting is a problem but i am sure that with something to keep the wind and snow off your man and some good clothing he could be ok. We have fabricated all sorts of stuff and it has worked out ok....

Sorry I havn't kept up here, been buisy.
The one in Northern is the same as mine. I used it last year plowing snow with no defroster. It attaches to the frame with velcro, very seldom did I need to but you can take a corner loose and the vent keeps the windows pretty clear.
Andy

Back