Engine problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_Brushcutter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi

Not a chainsaw problem but there problems are both on Huskys and there both 2 -stroke. So there nearly chainsaws :p

First one is a Husky 325HD60x hedgecutter it takes forever to get it started. Carb is set right and the spark plug gap is set right. Plug is in good nick too. What could be causing this problem.

Next is a Husky 345RX brush cutter. Had its tank topped up with petrol. Diluted the 2 stroke right out the mix in the tank. ie the fuel came out clear. It was run for about 20 mins on this mix. Then it stoped working.

Now it won't start what so ever. Even on a good fuel mix and the spark is good a strong. Its not sized since the piston can still move. Whats wrong cylinder scored? Way to fix it or is it a new engine job.

Thanks

Try squirting a little oil in the first saw cylinder before startup, This will cause the compression to shoot up and will probably start quicker. If this does the trick the rings are shot. If you ran that other one with too little oil I'd try the same check on that one too. How does the compression feel?

On the 325,hard to start cold or hot ?If cold,looks like a carb problem,Open the carb,check inlet lever tip if he has not kinda ridge on the tip.Clean and rebuild.Whats about compression,remove exhasut and verify the piston,scored or seized maybe.
The 345,remove exhaust and check piston condition to be sure.If Ok,probably the carb also has to be checked.

DanMan1 said:
Husky problems?
Not possible, only Poulans have problems.

Dan, aren't huskies Poulan's in disguise or maybe its the other way around.

Ah, who knows anymore.

Thanks for your help guys. The 325 is worked on Friday, the thing has a mind of its own. Bit tempremental about when it works and how well it works. I'll try the oil in the piston trick next time we have problems. How much oil should it be?

The compression on both feels good. I'll take the exhasusts off and see what i can see. First thing i did was check plugs for damage and gap size. Checked the spark too. As for cleaning the carb what should i use?

As for problems with Huskys in one week every husky broke:
325HD60x - engine problems - good workshop sesion fixed that
323R - carb and throttle cable problems
345Rx - ignition went
365 - Recoil spring went

Week after we killed the 345Rx by puting petrol in it. And the recoil spring went on the FS450

Fuel mix not withstanding, are you getting fuel to the motor? The carb
s could be plugged or otherwise not delivering fuel...

pbtree said:
Fuel mix not withstanding, are you getting fuel to the motor? The carb
s could be plugged or otherwise not delivering fuel...

Fuel is getting in. You can see some on the top of the piston. Also give it a few tugs and you can see and smell it on the spark plug.

Latest posts

Back