Engine wont stay running !!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinj

Whatarya, Goofy?
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Got a little problem.
Iv'e got an old Echo PB400e Back pack blower.
It's one of the first BP blowers that came out about 30 yrs. ago.
I didn't run it at all last year. Today I cleaned it up, emptied out all the old gas, put in a new fuel filter, new plug too. Doesn't seem to want to start though. If I spray starting fluid into the carb, it runs for about 4 secs.
I pulled the fuel line from the carb. But it isn't wet from fuel.
So I blew into the line, and I heard the bubbling in the tank. So at this point I believe there is no obstruction in the line itself.
What's the reason why it's not bringing fuel to the carbarator ?
Any help will be greatly appreciated .

I have the exact same issue with a 3 yr old 4 hp honda motor. Small spray rig thats been settin up for the winter.

I'll be watchin this thread carefuly.

Engine won't run

Couple of possibilities: 1. Plugged filter on fuel pickup in tank. 2. Cracked/broken/leaky fuel suction line from fuel tank to carb. 3. Ruptured diaghragm in carburetor. 4. Broken impulse line from crankcase to carburetor. plus a few other possibilities. Engine and crankcase are probably ok since it runs with fuel poured directly into the carb. Suggestions: First: make sure all hoses are supple and free of cracks/breaks. Second: Reach into the fuel tank with a hooked wire and fish out the fuel suction line and weighted filter/pickup and check that for being clear, or replace on general principles. Third: Get the make/model of the carb and see if you can get a rebuild kit for it. I disassemble carbs on newspaper on the kitchen table, where I can find dropped parts on a clean floor instead of in my garage/shop. Gene Gauss

Couple of possibilities: 1. Plugged filter on fuel pickup in tank. 2. Cracked/broken/leaky fuel suction line from fuel tank to carb. 3. Ruptured diaghragm in carburetor. 4. Broken impulse line from crankcase to carburetor. plus a few other possibilities. Engine and crankcase are probably ok since it runs with fuel poured directly into the carb. Suggestions: First: make sure all hoses are supple and free of cracks/breaks. Second: Reach into the fuel tank with a hooked wire and fish out the fuel suction line and weighted filter/pickup and check that for being clear, or replace on general principles. Third: Get the make/model of the carb and see if you can get a rebuild kit for it. I disassemble carbs on newspaper on the kitchen table, where I can find dropped parts on a clean floor instead of in my garage/shop. Gene Gauss

Thanks for the help. I mentioned that I did replace the fuel filter.
But I might have to check out that diaphram.

Back