Enjoying New Business

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AFTC&L

Reaction score
Well just as my first season in the tree care business winds down, i really have learned alot this year through just experience and through helpfull friends. I finally joined this site and am looking forward to learn more from the other experienced ones here. I purely enjoy the business for the satisfaction of working hard, improving the looks of properties, dealing with most people ha ha, and the excellent source of side income. I really enjoy this line of work. I started this year with a skid with grapple, stump grinder, and root ripper bucket, dump trailer, 1 ton dump truck, and purchased a rusty kinda trusty 40 foot bucket truck, and have been amazed how well its been going. I have been realy looking into a 55 or 60 foot truck for the next season. Im looking for opinions on what to buy. I can get into a older truck in the early 90s for cheaper but i have an opportunity to buy a certified and inspected 2002 international with a 60 foot boom, winch, and jib from a local REA. They are thinking around the 20 thousand mark for it. Im leaning towards this truck for the fact its certification is good now and all of the other older trucks have not been certified or inspected recently. I have heard that these booms can be really expensive to repair? Your guys's input would be greatly appreciated on this thanks!

Back