Equipment - pruning / climbing etc. Need some info.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluenote

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you have a company you prefer for equipment , all the pruning gear I need , climbing gear ropes and Harness. We have them up here in Canada but the prices are terrible and you just cannot seem to get what you need. I would have to go to 5 different places just to get what I need. I would like to order from the US and have it all shipped here, or at the very least to the Border, as I am right on the border and have a shipping company there I can use. I do not want junk equipment, no sense in being cheap as it never lasts IMO.

I have checked out the links on the site, but being that they are all American for the most part, I do not know who is a better choice for my issue. ( Shipping )

If you can just send me a PM with a link or thoughts, that would be great. Please do not post the links in the thread as that is not fair to any business's here. If one of the business's see this please feel free to send me a PM also. I will promptly call you back and we can discuss. ( include number )

PS Mods, if this is in the wrong section, please feel free to move it.

Thanks

Interesting that you would use this site to request links to sellers that do not support this site.

If you have questions about shipping from our sponsers, why don't you ask them directly via email or a phone call?

Enough with the negative comments please. I asked a simple question.

Well I use treestuff.com for most of my stuff. Sometimes sherrill too. Free shipping over $100 , good service.

Many if the sponsors here offer free shipping on orders of $100 or more shipped to a US address. I continue to support Sherrill, WesSpur, and TreeStuff, and have been well looked after by all of them.

I have had my last couple of orders from TreeStuff shipped directly here by USPS, and the shipping charge wasn't that bad. To put this in perspective, an order placed with Vermeer in Toronto (Brampton) resulted in such high shipping $$$ that I have no plans to be fleeced by them ever again. I'd rather buy direct from the good guys South of the border.

Depending on what you are looking for, mebbe also check Cutter's Direct, (I bought a wretched climbing line from them once. :msp_razz:). but I don't know of any place, whether a sponsor here or not, that will offer free/cheap shipping for arborist supplies in Canada. Amazon mebbe? I buy books from them, but never looked for arborist stuff there, lol.

Thanks for the replies guys, I had to contact two of the ones you guys mentioned to get what I needed, and yes they are going to ship here for free. Cannot ask for more then that :msp_thumbup: Again, thanks a lot for helping me out.

Hey Del_,
Just what was the negative part of your post? I was thinking about the same as what you said.

Rick

Back