Ethelsville, Alabama Baptist Church Mission Project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If any of you live around middle Georgia, I lost almost 30 red oaks Sunday when the tornado came through. I can't cut up these trees if I work straight at it for a year. Do you need any wood?

I can think of only one poor disabled individual around here that burns wood. There are some poor that do but they are not so lazy as to do it them selves.

Preston, thank you for your post reminding people about not the lazy father nor mother but the children that live with their parents mistakes. Hopefully the seed will be planted and they will not follow the same mistakes made by their parents

Most excellent.

Hayboy: Send out a heads-up notice a few days in advance next year.
It just might be that some of us could drive over and get in on the fun.

Are you folks involved with Disaster Relief??

David

As for a formal Disaster Relief, No Just a bunch of guys and gals that decided to put out more effort than just sitting and talking about it. But if a storm comes and we have ours, you will find a lot of the same people on the ground cleaning up.

When I was a young boy in Mobile growing up, we use to help certain families that needed it. But even then I noticed some that needed help all the time while the daddy hid in the government housing and wouldn't be seen. So now I help only those that need it and never the ones that look for it all the time. There is a big distinction in the two. And I'm picky.

Good work! We have very few wood burners around here. Our church does a huge community help day for people in need. All kinds of different projects are done for people who are not able or can't afford it. Anything from new roofs to fixing fences to trimming trees and painting. It's a great day with hundreds of volunteers and projects getting done.

Most excellent.

Hayboy: Send out a heads-up notice a few days in advance next year.
It just might be that some of us could drive over and get in on the fun.

Are you folks involved with Disaster Relief??

David
Most of the time will do a repeat some time around early Feb or last of Jan.

Not exact figures, but with roughly 100 men and 25 women, 15 different churches sent volunteers, 11/12 splitters, we had moved 114 loads at around 12:00. About 5 miles down the road at a little after 6am, I remembered my camera was left at the house. Repeat Feb 7 More cut off blocks were left than we split and hauled. Found in some cuts, a piece of 2by4, rebar, honeycomb with a few bees still hanging on, these in just my work area. The pro loggers a big knuckle boom with a cut off saw to cut most of the blocks. GOD blessed, no one hurt.

We did same for a family in our church this year that the woman was diagnosed with cancer. Had about 9 splitters and 40 men sawing splitting and stacking. Great witness for The Lord. Plus I like getting together with hard workers and working hard.

Just doing a update, we will be doing this again on Feb 7, weather permitting, be nice if it is like today 68 deg. I don't like working when it is cold and winds blowing like crazy. Thanks for looking

Latest posts

Back