Every body hanging in there?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's pretty much cut throat here. There are guys coming in 75-100 mi. to columbus and parking there trucks at storages to work here. They pretty much drum all there business from door knocking. It's really driving the market down.

I've been staying about a month behind since about May,the trouble is that alot of the well established businesses are bidding low just to get work.So even though we're staying busy we're not making the kind of money we need to be.If it weren't for the commercial work I'm doing and the stuff I'm doing for two different cities it would be slow.The commercial jobs are where I'm making the most money right now.It's usually the opposite for me.I usually make more on the residential end.

Things really got slow for us for a while there but pretty much back to normal now. Some guys around here cut their prices to nothing to keep working and doing so put two little companies out of business. We could have worked a little more if we wanted to work for nothing but I am not interested in that.

Glad to hear you're doing OK. Austin has picked up, too, but some of the big boys are throwing out hack prices, now. I got underbid by better than 2/3 on a take-down, by a full-page swbyps guy. I almost called the guy to tell him off, but what would that get me?

My business is doing pretty well, weather has been pretty bad and me and my climbing partner both got swine flu so that was a big spanner in the works.

But we have a few weeks work ahead of us, and the phone keeps ringing.

I have to ask: Was it confirmed H1N1 you guys got? How did it come on, symptom-wise and how long did it hold on? Did you take either of the anti-virals out there, used to treat it?

Glad to hear you're doing OK. Austin has picked up, too, but some of the big boys are throwing out hack prices, now. I got underbid by better than 2/3 on a take-down, by a full-page swbyps guy. I almost called the guy to tell him off, but what would that get me?

Things are better than they were that's for sure. We did have a little episode today when I got into a cuss fight with another tree guy over a bid we had given Fri.

Latest posts

Back