Exit stage left

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgreanbeans

Treeaculterologist
Reaction score
Well, its official, I'm audi 5000! Was on the phone yesterday for 2 hrs with my old Boss in SD. Have a job waiting for me, so does my wife. Looks like we might be going in the fall, was trying to wait, but cant anymore, gotta quit climbing before I am climbing into a wheel chair. I will be working in the Carlsbad area. EXCITED!, whole family is. So with that said, soon I will be selling my junk, so if any of yall lookin let me know, not lookin to make a mint, just to get rid of it and put a little money in the pocket.
Going to sell"
01 Bucket,60ft forestry, rebuilt top end, 454
92 Morbark 200 12"
05 Baker Built 6ton dump trailer, 12'
Case 60xt with dirt bucket and Bradco construction grapple
Custom skid loader trailer, very nice one, not a Missouri special
83 F-350 scissor lift dump truck, w 8.5 western w/wings.Diesel
97 F-250 HD long bed, 351
06 F-250 SD, NEW MOTOR!
78 f-700 LOG TRUCK, 427
All saws but the 200t, all riggin crap and misc tools. I am going to keep my gear and a few ropes, as ya never know!
Will sell altogether for 80g's
Next year this time, I will be pruning 10ft tall trees next to the beach! Or making sure someone else is doing it right!

The Mamas & The Papas - California dreamin - YouTube

Cant wait to have a Corona and a carne asada burrito with Jeff!

Last edited:
Good for you, Scott. I'm happy the opportunity came along. I know you've mentioned some physical issues and your desire to go back out there. Pleased that it looks like it going to happen.
Phil

Well, its official, I'm audi 5000! Was on the phone yesterday for 2 hrs with my old Boss in SD. Have a job waiting for me, so does my wife. Looks like we might be going in the fall, was trying to wait, but cant anymore, gotta quit climbing before I am climbing into a wheel chair. I will be working in the Carlsbad area. EXCITED!, whole family is. So with that said, soon I will be selling my junk, so if any of yall lookin let me know, not lookin to make a mint, just to get rid of it and put a little money in the pocket.
Going to sell"
01 Bucket,60ft forestry, rebuilt top end, 454
92 Morbark 200 12"
05 Baker Built 6ton dump trailer, 12'
Case 60xt with dirt bucket and Bradco construction grapple
Custom skid loader trailer, very nice one, not a Missouri special
83 F-350 scissor lift dump truck, w 8.5 western w/wings.Diesel
97 F-250 HD long bed, 351
06 F-250 SD, NEW MOTOR!
78 f-700 LOG TRUCK, 427
All saws but the 200t, all riggin crap and misc tools. I am going to keep my gear and a few ropes, as ya never know!
Will sell altogether for 80g's
Next year this time, I will be pruning 10ft tall trees next to the beach! Or making sure someone else is doing it right!

The Mamas & The Papas - California dreamin - YouTube

Cant wait to have a Corona and a carne asada burrito with Jeff!

Hopefully you will still be hanging around here... Toss the chipper in the back of the dump trailer Ill be out to get them... Give you $2500 for both... may even make it $3000 if you deliver them to Connecticut and toss in a full fuel tank on the chipper.

Congrats man

dibs on the bucket truck and chipper! congrats on the move sir and best of luck!

Good for you Scott. What kind of job is it?

Carlsbad is nice. I spent a week there a few years back on a business/pleasure trip.

I'm envious! Sounds like a good move.

Not trying to sell your biz/customers?

Holy cow! There are lots of lurkers on here, phone going crazy with bids on stuff........from guys on here, that don't post. F'n COOL! Not selling the stuff just yet, still need to hang here for a few months, at least. Jeff I will call ya on the details. Job is Grounds Management at resorts and such. I will be a Account Manager for now, till I get my own branch. Cant give to much, you guys understand, the big shows like this one, like to keep things close to the hip. Jeff can back that up. I am part of a big plan. I did the same job before when I was out there and loved it. Wont be throwing on a saddle.............to much. Don't think I'll pass on to many beach jobs tho, that have small easy ones! Gotta get my water auditor cert and get back into the groove with the palms, eucs and ficus.......I hate those ones with the white sap, ewwweee! Has kinda re-motivated the family, they all loved SoCal and didn't want to move home, so now, all will be right with the the world!
I gotta stop 101, if I don't, I'll be steering my chair with my tongue and u guys will have to empty my bladder bag for me! This will also allow me to get the surgery's that I need, can still run my mouth when my head is in a halo, but I sure and hell cant climb with one!
This will be good.

Holy cow! There are lots of lurkers on here, phone going crazy with bids on stuff........from guys on here, that don't post. F'n COOL! Not selling the stuff just yet, still need to hang here for a few months, at least. Jeff I will call ya on the details. Job is Grounds Management at resorts and such. I will be a Account Manager for now, till I get my own branch. Cant give to much, you guys understand, the big shows like this one, like to keep things close to the hip. Jeff can back that up. I am part of a big plan. I did the same job before when I was out there and loved it. Wont be throwing on a saddle.............to much. Don't think I'll pass on to many beach jobs tho, that have small easy ones! Gotta get my water auditor cert and get back into the groove with the palms, eucs and ficus.......I hate those ones with the white sap, ewwweee! Has kinda re-motivated the family, they all loved SoCal and didn't want to move home, so now, all will be right with the the world!
I gotta stop 101, if I don't, I'll be steering my chair with my tongue and u guys will have to empty my bladder bag for me! This will also allow me to get the surgery's that I need, can still run my mouth when my head is in a halo, but I sure and hell cant climb with one!
This will be good.

Well just so you know that was me an hour ago that cranked ya and was heavy breating into the phone with the rooster in the background and I get the getting old and broken thing cause believe me when the head key maker at the Depot job opens up , I to am throwing in the towel , sumpin about that little hut just screams respect me ...:hmm3grin2orange:

Well if I had to guess, it's not the hired help.

Over 25 years of being self employed and not answering to anyone except my clients tends to give one a tainted view of working for someone else.

I am unemployable at this point , its been too long doing my own thing that I would be nothing but a thorn in someones side , not that I was ever a great employee because I was not by any stretch but now forget it ...:laugh:

Working on year 15 self employed here, and no going back now! I have actually grown up into this maddness.. it's really all I've ever known, so I kinda don't even think anything of the stress anymore. It's my job, basically.

Glad to here you found what sounds like a sweet solution to your problem Scott!! :cheers:

Thats great news Scott! I wish you and your family the best.

I say congratulations and welcome back to So. Calif. The warm weather will do you good too. Though its a freezing 78 here in Riverside.
Sounds like you have a good thing going. Being self-employed maybe nice, but so is that guaranteed pay check every week.
I need to make that move to management my self. Good luck. If you ever want to go fishing let me know, I go to San Diego a lot to fish La Jolla.

Don't know you except through your posts. The company that has hired you is getting better than what they're investing BECAUSE you've been self employed. Hope everything turns out well in the health department, I know what it's like to be down on the mat and have to get back up, that's truly one of the toughest tests of manhood.
Steve

Best of luck man.

I always hate to hear it when someone gives up self employment to be an employee.

Grounds Management

That was enough for me to hear... Certainly doesn't sound like a step up...

Scott, wishing you the best but be careful of California dreaming...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back