Expensive , Expensive, and way too Expensive!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look at the items purchased and the listing revisions. Even if it is a no item for sale violation ebay doesn't seem to do anything about listing violations at least in categories I visit. Is the regular price Stihl one that expensive to the $20 or so for the sold items? The picture looks like too few rollers/needles for a wristpin bearing doesn't it?

Look at the items purchased and the listing revisions. Even if it is a no item for sale violation ebay doesn't seem to do anything about listing violations at least in categories I visit. Is the regular price Stihl one that expensive to the $20 or so for the sold items? The picture looks like too few rollers/needles for a wristpin bearing doesn't it?

Maybe @Definitive Dave can answer your question.

Well, if you are interested for the sake of knowledge to know how much that specific bearing is, my multi brand catalog says €4 for Koyo, €4.20 for NTN and €5 for SKF. All prices are VAT inclusive.
Of course having "Stihl" associated with the name is bound to increase the value very much like "B[ring]M[ore]W[ampum]". :D

PS: not giving any judgment on the seller, just trying (too hard) to be funny.

These are a custom bearing I had made for a local saw abuser/tinkerer/milling fanatic who likes to do real ignorant, fast enough to make stuff fail, things to his saws.
They deliberately exceed the OEM spec by quite a bit.
I sold 13 on Ebay and also had a guy in Alaska buy three of them and then he told me all three blew up his saws :(
I sent him replacement OEM pistons, piston bearings and cylinder gaskets and he was supposed to send me the dead pistons and bearings to inspect and send to Koyo for failure analysis.
That was months ago and I have never seen the bad parts show up :(
Price jacked up till I decide I want to sell them at regular price or throw them out. Uncertainty makes me nervous.
This bearing wont be found in any catalog, they were a custom quote with a three month+ wait. I was told they were to be made in the USA, but they were labelled made in Germany when they showed up to my door.
Honestly I forgot I had them or I would have sent one along to be used on the 660 I am having built.
Dave

I'm sure if there was a sale at that price Dave would go to the ends of the earth to fill the order!

Back