Extreme "I Survived" accident

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutsThroughKnots

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
This is from a tv show where people describe events where they were close to death. This one involved felling an 18" oak. The man decided to clean up a small abandoned cemetery near his property, and cut down an oak that he said was leaning. He'd used two ropes--one tied off to his truck to pull the tree over. The other rope, if I understand, was to keep tension on the first rope. Once the tree was on the ground, he says he was walking away when the second rope came unwound due to huge tension still acting on it. I'm not exactly clear on this part, but it sounds like it whipped around, pinned him to a tree and buried a metal hook in his neck. If you know of this event or were the person in question, please share. Anyway, he survived. He had his knife with him, and used it to cut the rope. The rest was left up to the EMTs and surgeons to put him back together. I guess if there's a lesson here, it's to know where your ropes are and what they're doing.

Latest posts

Back