Eye to Eye Recommendation - Distal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheShanks

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has been beaten to death but I couldn't find the answer I needed using search.

I using a Blue Streak rope, Its nice and broken in. Tons of life left in it. I'm finding the eye to eye I'm using doesn't grab right away for use with a Distal hitch unless I add a wrap on top. Without the extra wrap Ill have to hold it while I weight it alot of the time, kind of defeating the purpose. The extra wrap makes it a bit tougher to one hand slack tend. If the set up gets wet or gets sap in it with an extra wrap it locks. I've been using a Bee Line-Shepherds grizzley splice eye to eye in 3/8" size.

Can anyone recomend an eye to eye that will grab on that rope properly? My rope is 1/2" diameter.

The only other eye to eye I have handy is a narrower diameter and from what I understand on the 1/2" rope you want 3/8" cord.

Thanks for any advice.

J

I've used arbormaster BWR with 3/8" Ultra tech in a Distel. A 30" e2e is way too long for that combo, but when I made my own e2e with knots and shortened it so it was just long enough to tie without any slack. That's when it worked the best. If your gonna get it wet, get a hitchhiker.

VT myself n never had an issue as long as the eye to eye was short enuff, too long n it slips every time. That may be ur problem. Or step into the 21st century w the rest of us production climbers n get some poison ivy rope w a tight eye splice n a petzal zig zag n all problems are solved at once ! My favorite setup for long rappels choker setting on crane work...

VT myself n never had an issue as long as the eye to eye was short enuff, too long n it slips every time. That may be ur problem. Or step into the 21st century w the rest of us production climbers n get some poison ivy rope w a tight eye splice n a petzal zig zag n all problems are solved at once ! My favorite setup for long rappels choker setting on crane work...

How many times have you had your zigzag replaced due to cracks?

Back