EZ Tach +Plus

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawnami

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Found this tach in one of my tool and equipment magazines. Was wondering if anyone has any experience with one of these. Supposed to work either wirelessly or with the included pickup. The specs and features look fairly good. Not sure about the update rate though. Electronic Specialties Inc. Professional hand held automotive test equipment.
328.jpg

Been trying for a few days to google for refresh rate and nothing. Asked about it from someone selling them and they don't know either. Probably the company that makes them don't even know, it will have to be a real world test to get proper info.

I hope to find refresh rate and how close does it have to be placed to saw to get clear wireless signal. I'll be the guinea pig and I'll order one this weekend if no one has one to share info about.

Been trying for a few days to google for refresh rate and nothing. Asked about it from someone selling them and they don't know either. Probably the company that makes them don't even know, it will have to be a real world test to get proper info.

I hope to find refresh rate and how close does it have to be placed to saw to get clear wireless signal. I'll be the guinea pig and I'll order one this weekend if no one has one to share info about.

I was looking for refresh rate too. I will let you be the tester...sure looks promising though. Rep for you trying it out...I might too

I figured that someone here had tried one of these. Maybe we'll just have to check it out and post a report.

Don't think this tach has been used much on this site as you posted thread over 10 hrs ago and by now you would think there would have been a hit with info about it. Thread has been bumped quite a bit also and still nothing about it.

I did find out that MATCO has put their name on it to add it to their tool line and make it their own as well, still made by Electronic Specialties.

I don't think I can wait till weekend to order one now. Especially the built in LED flashlight.:smile: I think I'm actually gonna order it now and hope it gets here by the weekend, it should(Michigan to NJ)

Well, here you have it I may be the official guinea pig of this tach. I bit the bullet and ordered one. Hope to get it by Saturday. I'll try to set up a video of it reading one of my saws if I have it by Saturday and the wife allows me.:fingers-crossed::laughn:

Can't wait to use the LED flashlight.:sarcastic: I'll probably use up the battery doing that first. Oh yeh, I also found out it has a replaceable battery.

Well, here you have it I may be the official guinea pig of this tach. I bit the bullet and ordered one. Hope to get it by Saturday. I'll try to set up a video of it reading one of my saws if I have it by Saturday and the wife allows me.:fingers-crossed::laughn:

Can't wait to use the LED flashlight.:sarcastic: I'll probably use up the battery doing that first. Oh yeh, I also found out it has a replaceable battery.

Thanks for taking one for the team. I see you can get it from alot of places. Wow first time that I am excited about someone else ordering something. One thing I am bad about is tools...you can never have too many.

Thanks for taking one for the team. I see you can get it from alot of places. Wow first time that I am excited about someone else ordering something. One thing I am bad about is tools...you can never have too many.

Hope it's good enough to brag about. I really decided to get mostly because I found that MATCO is using it as a tool of theirs, it's not snap-on but it's matco. Just as good in my book. Haven't received any shippment info yet so hope it gets shipped out today so that there will be a better chance of getting it Sat.

Hope it doesn't turn out to be a very expensive($50) flashlight.:nailbiting:

I have bought tons of Matco stuff in the past. They are selling to work on snow machines etc...so I would imagine it will work. The refresh rate is what I am curious about.

Well good news..I spoke to the tech support guy at the manufacturer and he states refresh rate is 2 times per second. Sounds like this will be just the ticket. I will order one on Friday.

Never mind...I just ordered one. Couldnt wait

Last edited:
I'm surprised that they left that part out of their description. If they know it they should advertise it since it seems to be a very good refresh rate. I thought that for just under $50 shipped and rebranded by MATCO, it should be a decent tach.

Still don't have a shipping confirmation. Hope it shipped.

Not sure if I am supposed to say who I ordered if from..I will anyway...I got mine through Amazon...they are fast shippers. We will see.

They do ship fast but after almost 4 days of on and off reading and searching about it, I decided to go the Bay route to save $5:moneymouth: I'll get it eventually.

Edit: Item has been shipped. Estimated delivery Jan 20-26.

Last edited:
I talked to the tech rep today also. He confirmed the 1/2 second update rate.
I asked when used wirelessly how far away from the plug wire you could be and he said that it was designed to be placed against the wire. He wasn't sure that it would pick up well if just placed on a cover directly above the wire.

If it has to sit on top of ignition wire how will it work on any engine wirelessly. If it doesn't work wirelessly then it shouldn't be advertised as such. Hey, remember it has a LED flashlight.:smirk:

I guess we will know how well it works soon enough. I'm hoping that the farthest to keep it will be a foot away or at least be able to strap it to the top of the saw plastics to get a good reading. There's always the option to use the aligator clip.

I looked at that tach and if I remember correctly it only goes to about 12K RPM's. Thats not fast enough for today's chainsaws.

Craig

Back