Falling a Big One

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Roger, very cool story and pictures. At first I thought it was BS, but now I'm a believer. If you can't trust Roger, you can't trust anybody!
John

Thanks RB!

For the pics, description, and vids!! And bump on the thread too, would have missed it otherwise there being soooo much to see and read at AS I feel like a kid with a box of CrackerJack sometimes hunting around for the prizes :D
Nice work! :clap:

:cheers:

Serge

Really a good time that freaking big Husky is a beast Eh????
Awesome.....:cheers: Great Pics, Great thread, All my respect to RB Tree, Huevos as big as all outdoors,,,, I see why Andy regards him so Highly

Last edited:
Did this the other weekend...

Climbed up, knocked the left hand side leader out then felled the rest, had to remove that leader because there was a shed close and it looked included and didnt want to take the chance of the hole heavily weighted leader splitting out if i felled it from the ground.

thanks for sharing that.

seems like using the www.cheaterjack.com would have been alot easier .:jester:
For $975, what does it do? how much force can it apply, relative to wedges?
Website has no description, just some low rez pictures. Video wasn't working. Looks like a nice concept. But why not just get a special bottle jack that is only a few inches tall, have a steel plate made for the plunger end. I know felllows that have done this.....a lot cheaper than the specialized Silvey tree jacks, though no where near as strong.

The tree went over easy anyhow, plus we had a line in it

Back