falling compiliation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice comp. Is it commonplace to drop the entire tree across the road? Some people would have a problem with that around here.

Cool video. Nice drops.
Though with the large amount given it will open the door for the armchair quarterbacks to point out everything they would have done different.
But you already knew that ,didn't ya? :cheers:

Nice comp. Is it commonplace to drop the entire tree across the road? Some people would have a problem with that around here.

When I went to Idaho, that was common practice. Just before the final cut you would cut the saw and listen for vehicles. The problem came when 'foreigners' came and had new quiet cars. (Unheard of in the early years.) All good things come to an end.

Good Dan, nice vid. I don't cut the same, but so what. Nice to see full tree length falling, no wussy stuff.:cheers:

Nice vid. Must be a PA thing cause I've put a few across the road myself. Enjoyed the one you rigged out over the fence. Nice display of hinge dynamics in the begining.

Nice vid. Must be a PA thing cause I've put a few across the road myself. Enjoyed the one you rigged out over the fence. Nice display of hinge dynamics in the begining.
we do it here as well but have to get it up quick.....

BTW: that is a pretty cool video Daniel...

Dropping stuff in the street is not usually a problem in itself [secondary rd in residentail area]so long as you get one lane opened up rt away.
I am always more concerned about poking holes in the asphalt.
Cant pop them suckers back up with a pitchfork :monkey:

Another nice video Murphy, always enjoy watching your vids. You do nice work.

:clap::clap::clap:

Good stuff on there Murph. You are definitely king of fellers. That one between the new house and fence, better you than me, phew. :greenchainsaw:

nice work there. it'd be fun to give $ estimate on all work done on the vid. could make it a contest! i especially like the rope work that begins at the 4:40 mark. smooth! i've taken some pretty rough rides and that was some nice work on the end of that rope.

Whoa Murphy,

...you're turning into a regular lumberjack. Best video you've made. Good use of the open face cut, not used enough in arboriculture. In tight spaces it is helpful to keep the tree on the stump as long as possible as you've demonstrated.

Hardly a lumberjack... just a one trick pony... well almost one trick... you want to see a real limberjack.. check out hotsaws101 on youtube.. brother can drop some trees... barely uses wedges. gets it all done with the saw. that is a whole nuther game...

daddy don't use wedges, only ropes..

Latest posts

Back