Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of what I've been killin lately.

Wisconsin punkin patch. Mostly hard maple averaging 6-700 bf.

Poundin over a 1000bf maple. Had to double stack. Actually went pretty easy.
attachment.php

That maple stretched out. Ran outta tape on this one.
attachment.php

Basswood. She cleaned up at 10ft. Still got 4 tens out of er. 4ft across the hinge. Left a lot and swung er right into the hole.
attachment.php

1500bf red oak. Ran outta tape on this one too. About 4ft on the stump.
attachment.php

My operator is gettin better (you can see him way at the back of the shot loading up). Then again my 390 was still stock this week. After I tear into er this weekend that will change. Today I stayed a bunk ahead of him all day. No time for screwin around.
attachment.php

View attachment 311044
View attachment 311045
View attachment 311046
View attachment 311047
View attachment 311048

Falling a couple pine snags in the FS blow down unit I am cutting. Evidently my bottom rail is nearly shot already on this new bar...fire char and sand I guess?? Anyway...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBfBYlyzu2M&feature=c4-overview&list=UU_NjqCPS3PCA_PGz4NCZuLA

Looks good Clint. When you took the 2 nd look at snag #2 then started walking I couldn't figure what u were doin, till I saw that limb. :msp_biggrin:

Bob ; I can't see the pics?? :msp_sad:
Did ya get a new saw. ???

Good to have bob and glen back, glad to see the two best 390 slingers I know are staying safe. Now that glens a full time climber I'll prolly be able to buy his 390 off him real cheap, although knowing the tramp, he could prolly haul the 390 with the 36 up a spar tree:bowdown:

We started opening up a hell of a draw Friday. I spanned a poplar maybe 32" dbh across with a block and a big old snipe. Saved out every inch, even the forks. Probably 25 feet off the creek bed mid way. If the loggers didn't get to it first I'll see if I can get a photo of me posing in the middle. That whole holler has a lot big timber photo opps.

We started opening up a hell of a draw Friday. I spanned a poplar maybe 32" dbh across with a block and a big old snipe. Saved out every inch, even the forks. Probably 25 feet off the creek bed mid way. If the loggers didn't get to it first I'll see if I can get a photo of me posing in the middle. That whole holler has a lot big timber photo opps.

I wants ta see them fatties kid. ya sure can make poplar do bout any thing. my favorite timber next to white oak.

Good to have bob and glen back, glad to see the two best 390 slingers I know are staying safe. Now that glens a full time climber I'll prolly be able to buy his 390 off him real cheap, although knowing the tramp, he could prolly haul the 390 with the 36 up a spar tree:bowdown:

Ha ha ; you jokes!! Even tho I haven't put it back together from when I shipped it home I' m more of a faller than an arborist. And besides it may be taking a trip to Tennessee.

Some of what I've been killin lately.

Wisconsin punkin patch. Mostly hard maple averaging 6-700 bf.

Poundin over a 1000bf maple. Had to double stack. Actually went pretty easy.
attachment.php

That maple stretched out. Ran outta tape on this one.
attachment.php

Basswood. She cleaned up at 10ft. Still got 4 tens out of er. 4ft across the hinge. Left a lot and swung er right into the hole.
attachment.php

1500bf red oak. Ran outta tape on this one too. About 4ft on the stump.
attachment.php

My operator is gettin better (you can see him way at the back of the shot loading up). Then again my 390 was still stock this week. After I tear into er this weekend that will change. Today I stayed a bunk ahead of him all day. No time for screwin around.
attachment.php

View attachment 311270
View attachment 311271
View attachment 311272
View attachment 311273
View attachment 311274

Fixed it I think!

Glen- yeah I was kind of forced into it. The last job took 2 saws down. Smashed my little skidder saw and a bolt came loose inside the mullfer of the 440 hybrid and the piston tried to take a bite out of it. That left me with the 390. The recoil went on it and I couldn't wait 3 days for the part. New saw was the only option. I figured I put about 1800 hours on that last 390. She was getting awfully loose. Its nice to be running something new again. Especially on a big timber job. Didn't the bill for it yet though.

Jon- I'd give Sam (Rounder) a little tip of the hat too. He likes him his 390. Hes a far sight better production faller than I am and hes got a lot prettier scenery to swing it around on.

This is for Clint! This is what my 440/460BB used to sound like. Its got 3 ports in the muffler and I pushed all the engine ports to the limits. Still was pullin 180psi when it chomped that bolt. Last days of winter and last day on the job. Some ugly fence line red oaks. They were all tangled up together. Typically I would have just walked right by them on most jobs, but I was in no rush to get anywhere with break up approaching. 28" bar full comp chain. She screams with full skip on er. Just didn't have any that day. I'll have to get another top end kit from baileys. That saw put a **** ton of wood on the ground. 2000 plus hours on that slug and jug I'll bet. For the weight it really is a fun saw to toss around.

[video=youtube;KRXFrgpAZHA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRXFrgpAZHA[/video]

Jon- I'd give Sam (Rounder) a little tip of the hat too. He likes him his 390. Hes a far sight better production faller than I am and hes got a lot prettier scenery to swing it around on.

US Sam does post some amazing pics. No disrespect to any other 390 pro. I've been extremely happy with my masterminded 394. Probably the best performing and best looking cinder block/boat anchor I've ever been around. Seems like you already know how to port pretty good yourself, however.

US Sam does post some amazing pics. No disrespect to any other 390 pro. I've been extremely happy with my masterminded 394. Probably the best performing and best looking cinder block/boat anchor I've ever been around. Seems like you already know how to port pretty good yourself, however.

Yer ok Jon. Didn't think you were meaning anything. I just know how to run a saw with some level of competency. There's real timber fallers like Sam out there bangin er out every day.

I wish I never would have sold my 394. I never got video of it either, but it had the coolest sound of any saw I've ever worked on. I totally gutted that big muffler and it sounded badass at idle and made yer ears bleed at wot.

Ya the stump power of the 394 that's been juiced is pretty awesome. As always that's some nice lookin cutting Bob. I see the trigger safety lock lever is still in the grip on your new one. Mine might be taking a trip south when I get my 460 back. Which will hopefully be tomorrow. But I'll be in Valdez, darn it.

Ya the stump power of the 394 that's been juiced is pretty awesome. As always that's some nice lookin cutting Bob. I see the trigger safety lock lever is still in the grip on your new one. Mine might be taking a trip south when I get my 460 back. Which will hopefully be tomorrow. But I'll be in Valdez, darn it.

It was supposed to be there today. I hope it made it on time for what they charge to get it there.

I think you'll be pleased with how it runs Glen. I know the HO oiler made a big difference on the 28" bar being wet on the drive links.

Nice thing about smart phones, you can have them right out on the stump with you. But when you start to type and a bear walk up on you ya gotta be careful not to step on the phone when you jump up and start your saw. . . Mike. Geneva, my wife is going t check the mail when she gets off work. :msp_biggrin:

Latest posts

Back