Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oak? I guess I don't pay that close of attention as it isn't my wood. I've seen ash, hickory, some maple, a few others open up after cutting though.
man white oak will open up here at some times of the year. turn a veneer into a stave.......

nice seein you around by the way, hope things are going well.

man white oak will open up here at some times of the year. turn a veneer into a stave.......

nice seein you around by the way, hope things are going well.
That's interesting. Oak can sit on a landing for months up here and not move much. Yeah I've been good. Just finished up a job yesterday. Starting a 20 acre clear cut Monday. Mostly red/white oak, cherry. Should be fun!

yea, its worse in the hot summer........sap is up and it can get 100 here.

i am on a clear cut now, big pine........18 acres should do around 300,000ft counting the scrappy hard wood. i'll be here a while or untill it gets wet.
it is nice to not have to worry about leave trees, although there is alot of slash on the ground to deal with.

i can't seem to post pics now.........that sucs. was gonna tease ya with some big pine pics.......

Looks like fun Plankton! I'd love to lay into some tall pine. Never get to cut anything decent at the job. They don't grow this far south in the state (naturally anyway). So do you cut for a logging outfit full time?

I love cutting big white pine comes off the stump so predictably and cuts like butter! I'm actually working on that building site full time. I got hired to cut the timber for the clearing and the boss offered me a job full time with them there and I took it. I get to cut lots of trees though, on the saw almost every day, clearing the driveway etc. we are milling all the lumber for the houses up there with a bandsaw mill too. Good change of pace. and I'm still in the woods every day.

yea, its worse in the hot summer........sap is up and it can get 100 here.

i am on a clear cut now, big pine........18 acres should do around 300,000ft counting the scrappy hard wood. i'll be here a while or untill it gets wet.
it is nice to not have to worry about leave trees, although there is alot of slash on the ground to deal with.

i can't seem to post pics now.........that sucs. was gonna tease ya with some big pine pics.......
It can get that hot here too although not for any extended period of time usually. Maybe has to do with how cold it gets here. Wood grows a little slower, denser. Idk. Or maybe I just haven't noticed though I look at the log ends plenty, pickin em up and tossin em off. Yeah post some pics if you can! I love how a nice big white pine stick looks in the woods. Might be my favorite tree. I like how a big ass red oak looks too though. Those dark bark trees seem so much more badass to me for some reason.

I love cutting big white pine comes off the stump so predictably and cuts like butter! I'm actually working on that building site full time. I got hired to cut the timber for the clearing and the boss offered me a job full time with them there and I took it. I get to cut lots of trees though, on the saw almost every day, clearing the driveway etc. we are milling all the lumber for the houses up there with a bandsaw mill too. Good change of pace. and I'm still in the woods every day.
Good deal man! Nothin beats getting paid to be in the woods. I always like your pics. You've posted some nice eastern pine sticks on here.

Like "in writing" on board? Could be playing with fire there. People can get real funny all of a sudden. Nice work though.
Nah, taint no contract on this one... (dumb I know) other LO just wants his cut from the mill.

They plan on planting a bunch of walnut, and the neighbor is all for it and wants to help as much as possible, even suggested taking these and a few more.

English, blacks will grow just not as well as some would like them to.

They plan on harvesting the nuts, and don't care so much about the wood right now. Perhaps by the time they retire plus a few years they might have enough to harvest a couple of them, I think they plan on planting like 30 or more.

They are planting like 6 different varieties? Couldn't tell ya all of them I know english was one of em, and no blacks.

Latest posts

Back