false compression readings ? Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 550xpg was reading 55psi other saws over 100psi. Yet it was running fine, tried it with a friends expensive gauge and guess what...... over 155psi.
You get what you pay for, dont expect accurate readings from a budget tool, whatever it is.

I’ve had good luck with the Maddox kit from harbor freight. Definitely not the best quality but it has a bunch of adapters and seems to have consistent results

Since the exhaust port is above the intake port and most two cycle don't have valves is it really important to do wide open throttle. The only time the charge is compressed is the time of travel from the exhaust to the squish ring. Four cycles need the throttle wide open.

1672527949342.png

Take it back and buy a Matco, Snap-on, etc. Spend 20 bucks, once.
Where are you buying a Snap-on or Matco compression testers for $20? Heck two weeks ago my son and I took off to get some tire chains. He had a pair of Snap-On socks sitting on the dash. He said they were a Christmas present from the Snap-on salesman. I bet you if they were selling the socks they would be $30 or more. Show us where you are getting a Snap-on or Matco compression tester for $20.

https://shop.snapon.com/product/Compression-Gauge-Sets/Automotive-Compression-Test-Set/EEPV500

Back