Family Sawmill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AR200

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I thought I would put up a few pics of our family sawmill that we just got running again. Some parts of this thing have been around since the 20's. My grandpa was having a good time they don't make em like that anymore WW2 vet. My Dad guessed the old International power unit to be made in the 40's. I had fun running a few boards for me a shop. We ran some 17' long 6" x 6" cedar for the poles and some pine for rafters and floor joists. Gotta love some good old American ingenuity.
02-21-09_1317.jpg

02-21-09_1318.jpg

02-21-09_1320.jpg

Rotationof02-21-09_1319.jpg

02-21-09_1321.jpg

Rotationof02-21-09_1330.jpg

Rotationof01-04-09_1708.jpg

Rotationof02-22-09_1420.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I can't wait to go try it again some day. I was running the edger that day. I have a few pine logs that need to be run before they go bad. I remember seeing the International emblem on the fan guard. I figured it just come out of an old truck or something but dad said they sold them like that just as power units. Dad said he use to sell parts for them.

WOW, nice pics AR gramps musta been there a while sharpening that blade. nice pics. is that a 630 or 670 in the one pic?

I thought I would put up a few pics of our family sawmill that we just got running again. Some parts of this thing have been around since the 20's. My grandpa was having a good time they don't make em like that anymore WW2 vet. My Dad guessed the old International power unit to be made in the 40's. I had fun running a few boards for me a shop. We ran some 17' long 6" x 6" cedar for the poles and some pine for rafters and floor joists. Gotta love some good old American ingenuity.
02-21-09_1317.jpg

02-21-09_1318.jpg

02-21-09_1320.jpg

Rotationof02-21-09_1319.jpg

02-21-09_1321.jpg

Rotationof02-21-09_1330.jpg

Rotationof01-04-09_1708.jpg

Rotationof02-22-09_1420.jpg

Thank your grand father for his service!!!!

Great pics, keep us posted.

Kevin

We lost another great American today It saddens me to say that Grandpa Paul Allison passed today. He got to run his sawmill with his sons several times after these pictures were taken. He was a Naval WW2 veteran, husband, father of 8, farmer, logger, sawmill owner, mechanic, and above all a Christian. I really looked up to his ingenuity, work ethic and calm demeanor. I never saw him loose his temper. He will be greatly missed here but I know he doesn't miss it here. He is back with his wife of over 50 years and full of life and happy.

Thanks Tom, he was pushing 90 and he just this past week had dad take him to town to get a gas heater for when he didn't feel like messin with the firewood.

sorry for your loss. I lost my grandfather in 96. He was also a ww2 vet, and most likely very similar to your grandfather. They don't call them the greatest American generation for nothing! Sorry for your loss. Give your family our sympathy's.

We lost another great American today It saddens me to say that Grandpa Paul Allison passed today. He got to run his sawmill with his sons several times after these pictures were taken. He was a Naval WW2 veteran, husband, father of 8, farmer, logger, sawmill owner, mechanic, and above all a Christian. I really looked up to his ingenuity, work ethic and calm demeanor. I never saw him loose his temper. He will be greatly missed here but I know he doesn't miss it here. He is back with his wife of over 50 years and full of life and happy.

That's awesome!!! Nothing to be sad about here. He lived a long happy life & made the world a better place. No doubt he's welcomed with open arms up stairs :) May we all be so blessed. A life like that is a gift, not a loss. May God help ease your grief.

Sorry for your loss. Makes all the difference in the world knowing he was a Christian.

Hope you took the time to listen to all the stories Im sure he told, I didnt and kick myself daily.

These WW2 were a tough bunch.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Yea he lived a great life you jet hate to see them go. I was blessed to be around him so many years. He use to tell me about skidding logs with mules back when that was all they had.

Back