fan control for wood boiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so for this aquastat, the copper part would just insert into a well? does the aquastat have to be mounted in close proximity

I'm guessing that would be like the mahoning brand. They are usually on the back of the boiler I think. You wouldn't have a digital readout-if that matters to you . Probably would work, might save some money but it may be a little tougher to check water temperature. If you are able to check the setups on boilers around you I bet that would help. I rewired a central boiler that overheated and melted the wiring. It didn't seem too bad to figure out.

im going to have a thermometer on the front of the boiler so i can see what my water temps are within the boiler. i should be able to use that as a reference when setting up the blower and aquastat. Im trying to figure out where else to have a thermometer, before and after mixing valve? or just after?

im going to have a thermometer on the front of the boiler so i can see what my water temps are within the boiler. i should be able to use that as a reference when setting up the blower and aquastat. Im trying to figure out where else to have a thermometer, before and after mixing valve? or just after?
After the mixing valve for sure - so you know it's set right and holding. I put one on both the in and out lines in my house. I can see the drop from boiler to house and the drop within my entire heating system. There are also thermometers on the in and out of my floor manifolds. Those aren't all necessary, but they were cheap and I was curious about it. I did the calcs for a 20 degree drop when designing the system(s), and I wanted to see how paper numbers compared to reality lol.

howd you make out comparing actual to paper numbers? there are so many different thermometers available for these damn things. man o man lol any pics of your setup?

I designed for 20 degrees and it is usually a 20 degree drop in winter. It was so close that my dad and the hvac dudes that sold me some stuff just laughed. I wouldn't count on that again haha. I'll go snap a picture of my setup- dad says I need to write an explanation of it down in case I die cause they won't know how to get the heat on.

looks good thank you. how are your 007's holding up? i just had to fix one in my house. The zone hadnt been used in a couple years and the impeller was stuck. Runnin like a top now. I got a 009 hoping to run all my floor off the one pump. Should have enough pressure to move it all.

looks good thank you. how are your 007's holding up? i just had to fix one in my house. The zone hadnt been used in a couple years and the impeller was stuck. Runnin like a top now. I got a 009 hoping to run all my floor off the one pump. Should have enough pressure to move it all.

Think I started running this system in 2009. I have a zone for the garage and one for the 1st floor of my house that aren't hooked up, but everything else has run since 09 and I haven't touched a pump yet. I keep thinking I should have a spare cartridge, but I figure I can coast along if something breaks until I get to town for parts.

Another possibility for a controller might be a Johnson A419. Has a wire type external temp probe, and digital display. I use one to control my boiler-heated DHW.

thank you!! made some progress this week. Not as much as i hoped but its getting there. atleast i got all my wood blocked and split. Now i gotta figure out where im going to store it. I hate having it all in my garage but dont want it wet either.

Back