Fancy New Design Climbing Irons

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be interesting to see how they sell, I'll certainly be laughing if I see the usual gear junkies poncing around in them, for around the same price you could buy new ported 661 AND 461 from Randymind delivered to Oz....

For that money they should come with a chainsaw attachment on a robot arm and a remote control

Years ago, there was the Wolf Claw climbers.... complete plastic wrap around of the leg.... Buckle closure. Someone gave me a pair to try to sell, iirc. Wore them a couple times, didn't like them all that much.

Having climbed on gaffs for 40 plus years, it's second nature... They all work, some better than others, some more comfy.... these are clearly well thought out with the swivel points... but the price simply is out of line.

Yet still have the darn belt buckle system of attachment. why hasnt anyone done ski boot type buckles?

i was handling these at OZ trade show last week, very trick impressive as much as the price crikey i was guessing $1000+ but $3000 upwards hmm.
They are made of the best stuff cash can buy all tricky steels n alloys aircraft quailty so guessing very high build cost & like most innovation 1st time will have high inputs,,,

i asked about the attachment system & was told design team tried all types but went back to the leather belt as always best better than Velcro, ski buckle etc

there a video of them in action & it looked smooth and natural i not found it in web page or on yutube tho it may pop up some time

I generally have to tighten the buckles twice on the ground and once in the tree. Those spikes are like buying a ducati to find out its go a 50 year old bicycle seat on it. Or am I the only climber on the planet that has this trouble?

I generally have to tighten the buckles twice on the ground and once in the tree. Those spikes are like buying a ducati to find out its go a 50 year old bicycle seat on it. Or am I the only climber on the planet that has this trouble?

no the same here i'll put em on climb then have too re tighten buckles as they loosen and start to flop about,,, finding boots with good heel steep is a issue as new climb boots have flatter soles givin little heel step notch to brace spurs against

Latest posts

Back