"Farm saw"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asharrow

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I came into a "Farm Saw" (Poulin?) for free the other day. It has great spark, but I can't get it to fire.

I dumped the old gas, put in new, even shot some in the cylinder, but got nothing but tired pulling the starter. I know pulling the cord opens the decompression valve, but anyone have any idea why I can't get even a pop out of it?

And, is it worth messing with? Bar and chain and appearance of saw make me think it hasn't seen a lot of use.

Jim in Maine

Make sure the plug is good, and be sure there are no air leaks anywhere i nthe case.

Farmsaw

If your saw isn;t worth fixin i'd be happy to buy it from you, i have two Farmsaws, one is running now the other i need some parts for. You name a price including shipping to Canada. I have been looking for a parts saw with little success. Thanks.

Doc

re: Farmsaw starting problem

You may want to check the cylinder and piston for excessive wear and/or scoring. Also you could remove the starter and rotate the flywheel with the decompressor closed and see how much compression/resistance you come up with. I assume that you have a Pioneer Farmsaw...

Back