Farmertec failure

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huskybill

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
For the older husky saws like my 240s the piston was junk but the cylinder cleaned up ok. I took a chance on buying a few different 40mm pistons. Mainly to see if they would interchange. The 40mm husky oem piston for a husky trimmer fit perfectly and was marked C like the cylinder is, the other pistons all interchange. One of them is for my other 240s saw.

Huskvarna hotellgäst
So homeboy gave ya 4x the $$ in labor than the parts cost? No wonder he's broke:laughing:
Not sure that a dairy farmer from 200 miles away qualifies as a "homeboy" but he ordered the parts himself (so there was no question of implied warranty from me), I was happy to inspect and check them for no other personal gain than the satisfaction of my own curiosity, and because a Husky 50 is possibly the easiest saw in the world to work on, he paid me for the full half hour it took me to change the c&p (in addition to the initial diagnosis charge).

cuinrearview

cuinrearview

Red saw lover
Not sure that a dairy farmer from 200 miles away qualifies as a "homeboy" but he ordered the parts himself (so there was no question of implied warranty from me), I was happy to inspect and check them for no other personal gain than the satisfaction of my own curiosity, and because a Husky 50 is possibly the easiest saw in the world to work on, he paid me for the full half hour it took me to change the c&p (in addition to the initial diagnosis charge).
Sorry, I use "homeboy" like "fella" or "dude". That's why I didn't say *your* homeboy. I figured it was just another customer for you. I figured around an hour to change it and "make sure it was true". And an hour would be pushing it for me, but I'm not on the clock when I do that stuff.

Glad you got him going. Sorry I wasn't clear about what I was saying.

cuinrearview
Alex blu

Alex blu

ArboristSite Lurker
So i have my saw apart execpt for the crankcase. The crank wont turn anymore so im going to make a splitter that will bolt on to the bar studs. I think some debris from the circlip failure got into the bearings and siezed them up.

Im worried the crank might be damaged.:rare2:

I might sound cheap but i have a brand new farmertec crank in stock.....

The question is can i trust the farmertec crank?....

Attachments

• 15573810966831527053406.jpg
    15573810966831527053406.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 22
Huskvarna hotellgäst
Haha! There you go. Opening up another can o worms! You could try asking member 'weimedog'. I have a hunch he might know a thing or two.

So i have my saw apart execpt for the crankcase. The crank wont turn anymore so im going to make a splitter that will bolt on to the bar studs. I think some debris from the circlip failure got into the bearings and siezed them up.

Im worried the crank might be damaged.:rare2:

I might sound cheap but i have a brand new farmertec crank in stock.....

The question is can i trust the farmertec crank?....