Farmertec ignition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matto

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
does somebody know and/or tested if the farmertec ignition modules have variable advance setting? Or as cheap they are, are they fixed advance?

Thanks!

You could ask Farmertec, but you would get something like this:
Welcome,
Gracious today to yourself. We greatly appreciate answering in near time the question you have.
We enjoy to future have you satisfied, and hope this help answered question of you. Kindly regards, Xiang Iioxwpu Ltd
148568.jpg
BTW, nice Avatar, funny!

You could ask Farmertec, but you would get something like this:
Welcome,
Gracious today to yourself. We greatly appreciate answering in near time the question you have.
We enjoy to future have you satisfied, and hope this help answered question of you. Kindly regards, Xiang Iioxwpu Ltd
View attachment 580114
BTW, nice Avatar, funny!

What more could you ask of them? What a cordial and informative reply.:dumb2:

the hutzl modules are junk. first one was a dud out of the box. fat blue spark but no more then a fart. second one ran for a bit, like 6-7 tanks and did the same thing. 3rd one same kinda story but still runs a saw, just really ******. they gotta be over advanced as the one i have that still works pops like crazy with factory flywheel key. i swapped it off and put it OEM on. this was all a 372 and don't have experience with any other AM coils.

I got answer from Farmertec.
They asked their engineer.

The ignition modules are fixed timing.

I tought it would, cause my 372 fired right at TDC. I advanced the timing and boy the saw got nervous and notice a significant increase in power.
Now it's a beast!

I got answer from Farmertec.
They asked their engineer.

The ignition modules are fixed timing.

I tought it would, cause my 372 fired right at TDC. I advanced the timing and boy the saw got nervous and notice a significant increase in power.
Now it's a beast!

so you really had to advance the timing to make it run right? maybe they are fixed at idle and fixed at high speed with no variable in between but they do not run at 0 degree's. you'd get no top end power from them if that were the case. the 2 i had were so far advanced they would limit RPM and pop like a SOB in the cut. the first one i never got to try cause it didn't even want to run.
i do believe they have a fixed built in advance which seems to be all over the place but that setting is not 0. i'd bet they'd need at least 9-10 degree's to get any power out of them and i bet OEM go as far as 13-16 advance. reason i pulled the last one i had was because i was having such sever detonation that the pop would sometimes be a loud bang. never got the saw the run backwards though.

I tried to adjust mine and it fell flat on it's face it's happy with the stock setting runs great.
I didn't buy mine from huztl who knows how many companies make them.

My 372 ran verry good stock (hyway P/C).

But I advanced the stock setting with 10 degrees and now she has much more throttle respons and feels more powerfull. WOT = 12.500 rpm

372 at 12.5? are you trying to fend off mosquito's or something? lol

The Hyway cylinder has relatively high exhaust en transfer duration. So it revs pretty high :)
That's also why it runs better with some extra advance...

At stock durations a 372 will rev 14k. Was the 12 a typo? Lol i never used a hyway 372 jug though.

Latest posts

Back