farmertec ms660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be carb adjustment or timing. I’ve found that the Farmertec flywheels have a lot of play in the key way. It’s important to hold the flywheel counterclockwise against the key when torquing the flywheel. The power difference is noticeable. I also run my new builds a little rich for the first few tanks to facilitate good break in. They wake up a bit when you lean them back out. Also check your squish or test the compression to make sure it’s good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Could be carb adjustment or timing. I’ve found that the Farmertec flywheels have a lot of play in the key way. It’s important to hold the flywheel counterclockwise against the key when torquing the flywheel. The power difference is noticeable. I also run my new builds a little rich for the first few tanks to facilitate good break in. They wake up a bit when you lean them back out. Also check your squish or test the compression to make sure it’s good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks I do have it a little bit rich and will readjust.

If you used the farmertec p&c you may have a failing jug. Ive had a few of that the plating just rubbed right off all over the place. The one i had screwed up the bearings and probable should've changed the crank too since it had bits go thru the big end bearing. Changed the mains and washed out the crank as good as i can. Its still running today with the lightly scratched up oem jug. Funny the oem jug with all the scratches still pumps 180psi which is way better then the 120 the ft set had before the plating failed.

Back