Favorite brand of saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite brand of saw currently made?

• Husqvarna

Votes: 46 25.6%
  • Jonsered

Votes: 20 11.1%
  • Stihl

Votes: 77 42.8%
  • Dolmar

Votes: 20 11.1%
  • Solo

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Efco

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Echo

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Poulan

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Shindaiwa

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PasoRoblesJimmy
Telemetry Group, Range Commanders Council, JCS
A toss up between Echo, Stihl, Husqvarna. My choice mainly depends on side-to-side comparisons between models and prices.

I would seriously consider Dolmar (a.k.a. Makita). However, there is a paucity of local Dolmar/Makita dealers having good word-of-mouth reputations.

No brand of chainsaw is any better than its local servicing dealer. A one-man lawnmower shop operating out of a broom closet isn't my idea of a chainsaw dealer.

willsaw4beer

willsaw4beer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Put in a vote for Jred. Although my Jonsereds count is down to 3 after I sold the little 2036 today, while my Stihl count went up to 5 after I got an 028 super in a box from the dealer today for $20. I was almost sad to see the little 2036 go, after I took the screen out of the muffler and tuned it up it was running pretty good.

AOD

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have no problem with the Solos', but like you said their service network is slim. There aren't any Solo dealers around here that I know of, even Bailey's doesn't sell shizza for parts. I would also like to see full wraps. :)

:p

Full wraps are overrated and get in the way unless you're always cutting on big stuff, and are sorta pointless on anything under a 70cc saw.

Latest posts