Fee bay no pay's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ebay is supposed to only let people non pay 3 times before being asked to leave ebay. I normally only sell to the USA but I had a service manual a guy wanted in England. He emailed Before bidding. Cost more to ship than the book was worth . He paid it and gave good feedback. Sometimes it works out. Non payers really tick me off. How many of you guys offer a 14 day return policy that ebay pushes? Thanks

The bad thing about a 14 day warranty is that 14 days is plenty of time for a 'buyer' to clean up his yard, cut or trim his trees and then tell you and ebay that the saw isn't running right and demand his money back. It happens.

I hate to hear stories of buyers getting ripped off because it makes everyone suspicious of each other. I've had mostly positive experiences there with just a glitch every now and then. People aren't required to leave feedback but are encouraged to do so. I always leave a positive unless the person is an obvious crook.

Last edited:
I live in Europe too (Norway),just like Littl Al from France,
i have the same problem with people on eBay (not just eBay USA) that dont like to do shipping here ,but when contacted
they will arrange the shipping to Norway , if the shipping price is not to high i will buy from them .I have noticed that often when i contact the seller ,they will also end auction , before auction is realy over.

I live in Europe too (Norway),just like Littl Al from France,
i have the same problem with people on eBay (not just eBay USA) that dont like to do shipping here ,but when contacted
they will arrange the shipping to Norway , if the shipping price is not to high i will buy from them .I have noticed that often when i contact the seller ,they will also end auction , before auction is realy over.

I've had people in Europe wanting to buy my chainsaws but I've looked the shipping up and it's over $100. I think generally my saws are worth what they sell for in the US but when you add $100 to the price it's not too good a deal. I don't want anyone mad at me because they paid twice what the saw was worth so I generally exclude shipping there.

I've had people in Europe wanting to buy my chainsaws but I've looked the shipping up and it's over $100. I think generally my saws are worth what they sell for in the US but when you add $100 to the price it's not too good a deal. I don't want anyone mad at me because they paid twice what the saw was worth so I generally exclude shipping there.

My problem was that I put a price on the bars shipping included. I checked and USPS to France was $60. Hell, that was more than I was asking for the bars.

I am new to using E Bay, I have 7 Feedbacks and a 100 % Rating, I win I pay within the hour ( As long as I am up ). Recentyl I had a Issue, on 9-09-12 I bought a part for my weekend car, the price was fair ( It was a auction ). It was my fault as I was new and did not pay attention to the shipping cost which i think was high. This guy never left me feedback even though I did everything right I paid and did everything he asked me to do. I know this is different but it still has to do with E Bay and how purchases can drag on and people just aren't honest.

Wish I could leave feed back for a thief with 100 % Rating, tommyr28

On 09-09-12 I won a item for $102.00 and then there was $62 on top for shipping, I paid within hours of winning the auction, About two weeks later I received the items which were damaged, they were packed in Newspaper and the box was all beat up and the fiberglass items were cracked. The item was packed very poorly.

I contacted the seller and he asked for Pic's which I sent and we went back and forth and he swore he would take care of it, at the very last day I could open a case I did since i was getting know where with the guy. After I opened case he begged me to close it and he did get the UPS Insurance forms on 10-16-12. And he told me UPS would send money right to me.

Since I figured we were good to go I got the items fixed, After a bit I did not receive my money or had any reply s from him been sent to me so I Escalated the case on the last day that I could.

I also called UPS and they told me that on 10-31-12 he was sent $100.00 for the insurance. Well E Bay did side with me after reviewing the e mails back and forth and what not and refunded me a $100.00, It is now after the 60 Days and I can't leave feed back which I did not know and this guy never left me any which I did everything right by him so he should have.

This guy has a 100% and I wonder how many others he ripped off and dragged it out past the 60 Day's and then cut off all contact.

I also unable to send him E Mails anymore and I can't find him doing a search of E Bay

But here is the link to the Item. Figured Id post this as a warning to others.

http:/ / www. ebay. com/ itm/ 82-92-camaro-blisters-louvers-91-z28-blue-/ 221120937102? ru= http:/ / www. ebay. com/ sch/ i. html? _sadis= 200&_ipg= 50&LH_SALE_CURRENCY= 0&_sasl= tommy28|tommyr28&_saslop= 1&_fss= 1&_from= R40&_sacat= 0&_ftrt= 901&_fsradio= %26LH_SpecificSeller%3D1&_ftrv= 1&_adv= 1|1&_sop= 12&_dmd= 1&_nkw= 221120937102&_rdc= 1&nma= true&si= k4rfsfQ7C%2FRpIZmM5BshbqfIfkw%3D&orig_cvip= true&rt= nc&_trksid= p2047675. l2557

I've had problems with bought items before. Mainly a not as described type of dispute. I always send a not so polite e-mail and mention that I am opening a case. And I do!!! It gets their attention, and adds a sense of urgency to the dispute. When the case is closed, all records of it go away. Then I just don't leave feedback.

I used to enjoy eBay, but now it sucks. It's overrun with crap and most of it is #### from China. You used to be able to get some really good deals on there, now it is more like buying from an online store.

I sell 200-300 items a week on ebay and rarely have an issue with non payers.

But almost all of my non payers are from Russia and Asia, which is clearly states I don't ship to.

Right now I've cases against a guy in India, and a guy in Russia.

Europe, Canada, and Aus./NZ never have any issues with.

I just wish i could leave feed back after the case is closed, I didn't want to bash the guy if he did the right thing and I didn't know that he wasnt in till after the 60 Days, Not only did he keep my money he also kept the Refund UPS gave him.

Knock on wood I've only had this happen once. A guy bought a motorcycle and sent me a deposit and never arranged for the pick up. He never arranged to get back his deposit either so It was a wash. I've had pretty good luck on the bay. Funny thing thats happened to me lately is I've had 2 saws sold that were from local buyers who wanted to pick up there saw.

I sold a beat up Mac 1-52 and the guy came to get it and was a little disappointed. He ended up leaving here with a nice Craftsman 3.3, a basket case Poulan Pro 335, and a real nice Pro Mac 700 that had no spark. I didn't bother with trying to get my fees back. I am going to relist that Mac soon.

I don't woory about 0 feedbacks either. If they don't pay, I don't send. Just sold a dozen traps to someone with no feedback. He had Pay Pal, and he had money in his account. Buyers have to start somewhere.

I got my first non-pay for a saw on a eBay and tomorrow I will open a case. I've had 10 or 12 case and they have all been a positive outcome. It was at times frustrating and seemly drawn out but the all worked out in the end.

I did find out the hard way about vehicle down payments. If you read the fine print on eBay they are non-refundable. Luckily my eBay account is only linked to my PayPal credit card and not my bank account. Since I paid with the PayPal credit card PayPal refunded the down payment to me after I opened a case with them. The kicker is that you cannot open a case with PayPal involving a eBay purchase until after eBay closes their case on the item. It was drawn out but I did receive all my money back. In my experience they stand behind who is right and followed the rules, that being said I no longer give the buyer or seller any leeway. The sale has to be by the rules whether they are mine, eBay's or PayPal's rules.

Greg

Last edited:
I have 0 feedback bidders blocked, out of the country blocked and cancel out bids from excessive negative feedback bidders. I also have a payment within 24 hours. I might smell like a a$$ on my listings, but they are my listings so I can say how I want it. Have had fairly good luck there.

Let's see

1) I have 0 feedback bidders blocked Not possible

2)out of the country blocked Possible

3) cancel out bids from excessive negative feedback bidders Possible

4)I also have a payment within 24 hours Not Possible

but they are my listings so I can say how I want it Yes, you can say how you want it all day long, but the reality is, it happens the way Ebay/Paypal wants it. ...No matter what you put in the auction.

Have had fairly good luck there That's what's key, probably had a good bunch of people to deal with.....which most are. It's just those pesky few that suck and ebay protects.

"Just the facts Mam"

attachment.php

I will first say I was not the guy in France in this quote, The some times frustrating problem I have is that parts for older saws are on sale in the US fleabay & non are available on Europe sites. If the add says ship to US only, & it`s a rocking horse poo type part, I will ask the seller if he/she would consider sending to France & what the S&H charges would be. They then have the choice of saying yes, or no, & if yes, I have the choice of buying or not if the postage charge makes it not worth me buying. Most respond positively & should it be that the post charge makes it too expensive, I always let them know by messages, as I don`t think it`s fair to mess people about as I would not like that happen to me[ though it has] the more people that are involved, the bigger % of problems we will get [sod`s law ]I`m afraid. I would agree though it does seem to happen more often now than it did a few years back.

Al, there is kinda a catch-22 when selling abroad. First class international doesn't offer tracking but it is cheaper than priority international, which does. Paypal requires tracking to protect the seller. Ebay requires verbage in the auction that points out that customs fees are the buyers responsibility. The ebay requirement is easy enough if you are writing the auction with the intention of selling internationally from the start, but you have to edit your auction to add that verbage if you are going to entertain selling abroad, (before the bid). The paypal thing just sucks, because the buyer wants to not get killed on the shipping and the seller doesn't want to take the chance being out the item if buyer claims undelivered. Neutral ground is the buyer paying with a check or MO and then can have whatever delivery they want........they will be forgoing their paypal protection however.

Ebay is supposed to only let people non pay 3 times before being asked to leave ebay. I normally only sell to the USA but I had a service manual a guy wanted in England. He emailed Before bidding. Cost more to ship than the book was worth . He paid it and gave good feedback. Sometimes it works out. Non payers really tick me off. How many of you guys offer a 14 day return policy that ebay pushes? Thanks

3 non pays in one year,.......I think. And EVERYBODY offers a 14 day return policy now. Ebay decree!

Returns are another issue. All the buyer has to do is send you back a box of dog####, with tracking and they are refunded.....it is then up to you, as the seller, to open a dispute with law enforcement, postal authorities yada yada yada. :msp_mad:

I finally blocked all abroad transactions, as I was losing too much money. I always had no int. shipping on my auctions, but had plenty anyway.

Had someone in Australia buy a small, expensive item, but it had free shipping. He paid without inquiring whether or not I was going to
need extra money to ship, I contacted him that I would only ship it Priority, and it would cost extra, he said no, send it first class.

I contacted E-Bay, they pretty much said I should send it to him, if I refunded his money, he could get mad and give me a negative anyway.

so I sent it, it went OK, but I stayed mad and blocked all overseas sales....

Let's see

1) I have 0 feedback bidders blocked Not possible

2)out of the country blocked Possible

3) cancel out bids from excessive negative feedback bidders Possible

4)I also have a payment within 24 hours Not Possible

but they are my listings so I can say how I want it Yes, you can say how you want it all day long, but the reality is, it happens the way Ebay/Paypal wants it. ...No matter what you put in the auction.

Have had fairly good luck there That's what's key, probably had a good bunch of people to deal with.....which most are. It's just those pesky few that suck and ebay protects.

comment removed

Last edited:
I finally blocked all abroad transactions, as I was losing too much money. I always had no int. shipping on my auctions, but had plenty anyway.

Had someone in Australia buy a small, expensive item, but it had free shipping. He paid without inquiring whether or not I was going to
need extra money to ship, I contacted him that I would only ship it Priority, and it would cost extra, he said no, send it first class.

I contacted E-Bay, they pretty much said I should send it to him, if I refunded his money, he could get mad and give me a negative anyway.

so I sent it, it went OK, but I stayed mad and blocked all overseas sales....

The only international sales I do is limited to our fine neighbors to the North, Canada. I also opened a UPS account through eBay selling. I found that it is cheaper to send chainsaws with them than the postal service, they track internationally, the insurance is cheaper, and they make the paper work easy. UPS also has a free e-mail notification service that will notify up to 4 or 5 e-mail's, of your choice, the progress, including delays, of the shipping when you have the account. I use that all the time to keep buyer abreast of the shipping situation so they can't blame me about the delays.

Greg

Well it looks like I have another no pay . This guy is from New Jersey same as the last . I sent a message with no response . I think fee bay should suspend there account for a while for non payment .

Latest posts

Back