feedback on rayco 106 stump grinders?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arbor pro

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A guy in Michigan is looking to trade his 1997 rayco 106 (106hp) stump grinder with 750 hours for my crane truck. Can anyone give me their working experience with this model? Is it a good machine or should I be aware of looming problems...?

I havne't ran that unit more than for R&D purposes. I used to build the larger tow behinds. They discontinued the 106 in late 97, early 98. It was replaced with the 120DXH. Parts for it might be tough to get in a timely matter, should you have problems with it. I had more experiece with the 120. Most of the hydraulics should interchange, should they need replacing. The 120 had a bigger hyd pump and better hyd motors. Basically the 120 was a redesigned unit. Most people that bought them said they were too big to carry behind a one ton pickup. Most customers jerked them behind a Dozer. The 120 was a mean cutting animal.....Also, the 120 was liquid cooled and I'm thinking the 106 was air cooled, but I could be wrong.

Steve

Back