Feeding Chippers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many persons operating the chipper?

• One feeding with all others dragging brush

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Two feeding with others dragging brush

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Everyone feeding as they drag brush

Votes: 22 43.1%
  • I don’t care how they do it, just get it done

Votes: 13 25.5%

• Total voters
Agree with above too, dont like one person feeding the chipper while rest drag as chipping is the easy bit! I like to have the ground jst about tidy for the climber when he comes out of the tree, so we can have a quick brew etc before raking & going home. Some climbers even like this approach!!!

speaking of chipping, how did you dudes get on with your little number today

Piece of Pi$$ old chap, back in the yard by 3pm, job done & dusted, we kick A$$ big time!!!

All you have to do is take 1 student and ram the brush in with its head,no probs!

not bad.....load of 90ft poplars to do, back there tomorrow, preferably with mark(certain someone trashed a fence)
james was standing round all day watching so im gonna take my video camera tomorrow and give him a job to do :p

Yeah Steve, I think he realised the limit of his abilities on that job, he told me that he was struggling, and he was dreading another day there, out of his depth!! Or height!! Fixed chipper again this evening, usual crowd just dont want to know, and I'm only the hired help :angel: Still pay peanuts & all that!

i cant even face being in the yard these days to be honest

i love 90 ft populars not..especialy the one that were topped at 45 ft and then left to grow another 45 -50 ft humm i'm not doing them ones without a platform

stephenbullman said:
i cant even face being in the yard these days to be honest
Yeah, had one of those days meself today, only trouble is seems like nobody else gives a ????. S'pose its like that every where nowadays!! We'll have to go it alone before long then WE set the standards and the rules that we want people to work to. Till then we just got to get on with it.

the reason it seems that no one else cares is cos the numb nuts dont

you're right though, we need to go it alone and call ourselves elite tree services
ohh someones done that

im busy at the moment hunting down promotional fridge magnets big A
theres some cool shi* out there

i was thinking for my firewood customers,more chance of repeat orders that giving a card that gets chucked out

Sorry, I thought you were collecting them (duh) Sounds like a good idea. Had an oil co. magnet for years on our fridge. See your point. Think we're way off topic now so better leave it there!

blue said:
what's peoples prob's with big poplars?don't mind them my self

thats good to hear next time i get some big old skinny poplar with twin stems topped at 50 now touching 90 poplar i know who to call

Latest posts

Back