Fell into a free 181SE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't take any pics of the piston, but I will when I get home today. I'm not sure if I should put it back in since I can't get rings for it, but it does look fine, the rings on it seem loose, the piston slides right into the jug with very little resistance.

You should still be able to get rings for it. contact "watsonr", he's a site sponsor and deals with caber rings, should be able to fix you up, or contact a local dealer. Its most likely a size used in other saws as well

thin rings?
Yes, thin rings
You should still be able to get rings for it. contact "watsonr", he's a site sponsor and deals with caber rings, should be able to fix you up, or contact a local dealer. Its most likely a size used in other saws as well

I have looked around with no success on finding the thin rings

Yes, thin rings

I have looked around with no success on finding the thin rings

you can still get those thin rings but you have to order them special from what I remember... Seems like watsonr, Shaun, or arrowhead could probably help... In fact it was Ed (arrowhead) that knows how to order them from a manufacturer b/c he's ordered them for the thin ring poulan pro/pioneers.

search for arrowhead taxidermy in Illinois and call Ed. Leave a message that you need to know how to order thin rings for your 181se and he'll call you back.
http://arrowheadtaxidermy.com/

I didn't take any pics of the piston, but I will when I get home today. I'm not sure if I should put it back in since I can't get rings for it, but it does look fine, the rings on it seem loose, the piston slides right into the jug with very little resistance.

Nice score on the saw! I used to work for Powell back around 1995. There used to be a little restaurant called the Galaxy Cafe there by the shooting range. They had awesome buritos and black beans. Good memories from that place. I am about 70 miles NE now.

I have figured out what to do with the beer:rolleyes:
I was referring to the thin ring piston
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Back