Fess up. Who here is using the Jawsaw?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is kinda spiffy

The thing is a great idea, love the way it works, it is ten times safer than an electric saw for home users. I gotta be honest, if Stihl or Husky made a 30-40cc one with 10" jaws i would be posting a vid of me using it tomorrow...

I like off the wall tools like that for some reason.

Baileys has that branch lifter/holder thing bolts on a bar of a regular small saw and you scoop up a small branch, get it off the ground enough with it and it holds it and it gets cut that way. I think it is around 50 bucks or so. It is *sorta* like that jawsaw in a way in that you with the saw do the pivot-like cut. Not a pruner per se, but a small branch, short branch/log cutter.

In fact, here ya go...hey, on sale!

Bailey's - Chainsawbuddy Chainsaw Firewood Cutting Attachment

I like off the wall tools like that for some reason.

Baileys has that branch lifter/holder thing bolts on a bar of a regular small saw and you scoop up a small branch, get it off the ground enough with it and it holds it and it gets cut that way. I think it is around 50 bucks or so. It is *sorta* like that jawsaw in a way in that you with the saw do the pivot-like cut. Not a pruner per se, but a small branch, short branch/log cutter.

In fact, here ya go...hey, on sale!

Bailey's - Chainsawbuddy Chainsaw Firewood Cutting Attachment

I seen one of them in a thread here recently, wondered how it worked but didn't want to ask...

My wife already has a poulan pro whacker with at least 3 heads.. including a chainsaw...

The infomercial lied about it being cheaper than $200. If you want the extension as part of the package its over $300 at Sears.

We should have a "cut off" between this and the Black & Decker gator. At least with the gator you can get a battery powered version.

To get that versatility I'll be running around with a suitcase quiet generator strapped to my back. Maybe a small propane unit. I'll be able to smell the roses with that on for sure!

I still think it needs to get built into a table to cut up camp wood or sticks.... the benefit is that it will save on hydraulics and you can just use a lever. You'll have to push the wood through by hand so you can really feel the savings..

OR.. I could go around to a tractor forum I subscribe to and see about an electric garden tractor... this could be my "harvester attachment"

We should have a contest to see who could make this thing the most useful. There should be a cash prize as this could prove difficult.

[video=youtube;mlj2mW21FIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlj2mW21FIA[/video]

[video=youtube;a_J2o5RY0-c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_J2o5RY0-c&feature=related[/video]

you can only cut to a depth of about 40mm 1.5" before the guard touches the wood and stops the blade from penetrating any further

So it kinda makes the JWSAW better but .................

They have the Jaw Saw on the shelf at Menard's. Saw it last night. Did not pick it up to look at it though.

It looks to have little reach without the extension on it.

Would be hard for a guy to buy this with the picture of a woman on all the ads lol. Its a lot easier to just grab the whole limb and but it on my burn pile personally.

watching the infomercial now......the old lady is really funny

and whoever wanted a pic....here you go

JawSawMicro_DescriptionImage.jpg

I couldn't bear to watch it very long, it was like watching a couple of children flying a kite in traffic. Responsible arborists and their associations need to condemn the thing.

Not only is this piece of trash going to get someone hurt anyway, it can't make a proper pruning cut most of the time. Who needs an arborist now when we've reinvented the chainsaw?

No, you re-re-invented the chainsaw, as in re-re-tarded. And encouraged the homeowner to hurt themselves and the trees even more...congrats. As if the chainsaw cutting someone is the only thing that can go wrong for the untrained!

How long will it be before they incorporate a ladder anyway and try and reach even higher?

Oh and who can forget the scene where they are now encouraged to do their own storm cleanup? No cautions whatsoever. Just go git er down...and stuff. :msp_scared: :dizzy:

Latest posts

Back