Few hrs of work w/ 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys i know im beggin for an a#$ chewin...... but i wasnt very impressed with my 361. Especiall after blowing it up on the 10th tank of fuel. I was pretty ill to say the least. Had to buy the parts myslef and build so i could sell it. Dealer of course said it was the fuel mixture. Same can i used to run 3 other saws that day. Maybe i just got a lemon. Oh well.

Hope everyone else is having better luck than i did with it

Guys i know im beggin for an a#$ chewin...... but i wasnt very impressed with my 361. Especiall after blowing it up on the 10th tank of fuel. I was pretty ill to say the least. Had to buy the parts myslef and build so i could sell it. Dealer of course said it was the fuel mixture. Same can i used to run 3 other saws that day. Maybe i just got a lemon. Oh well.

Hope everyone else is having better luck than i did with it

What mix ratio was you using with what oil?

Nice cutting, wish we had that sort of hardwood around here. All I can pretty much lay into is soft pines and fir. That looks like nice stuff there..:clap:

I've got two rebuilds I just finished and now itching to do just that and give them a nice intro into working life..:cheers:

Nice cutting, wish we had that sort of hardwood around here. All I can pretty much lay into is soft pines and fir. That looks like nice stuff there..:clap:

I've got two rebuilds I just finished and now itching to do just that and give them a nice intro into working life..:cheers:

Im originally from the east coast where we have lots of pine. I miss it sometimes. Got here and burried into seasoned blackjack oak and dang near had a fit.

Thanks Martin I seen the 066 you rebuilt very nice. Ide love to rebuild 1 just like it next would be a nice saw to go with the 361.

Im originally from the east coast where we have lots of pine. I miss it sometimes. Got here and burried into seasoned blackjack oak and dang near had a fit.

I imagine that stuff has to be a bit hard on chains. Never really cut too much hardwoods, so I don't know. In pine with a full skip chisel, I can pretty much cut a full cord per chain with only very minor dulling.

Still, you probably get twice the BTU's per cord. Some of that looks like it would make awesome furniture/hobby wood too.

I imagine that stuff has to be a bit hard on chains. Never really cut too much hardwoods, so I don't know. In pine with a full skip chisel, I can pretty much cut a full cord per chain with only very minor dulling.

Still, you probably get twice the BTU's per cord. Some of that looks like it would make awesome furniture/hobby wood too.

Its a noticeable difference for sure. I dont have too much problems out of chains dulling. Nothing that i wouldnt call normal. And i cant honestly say i have to sharpen my chains anymore now then i did then

Jay, I can't believe that the saw is still shiny after all that cuttin!

get a 359 and have it ported, running a 24" bar in big wood will realy a put smile on your face.

Cut a bit more with the 361 again today 1 log was all rotten in the center and that gunked it up some.

well in a 361 you should prolly be running 50:1 if you want good results...

Not arguing with u by any means but iv run all my saws on 32:1 forever and havent had any issues. I dunno maybe i just got a bad one. No biggie i still love stihl saws. My 028s work great so its all good

Hope my 361 last me forever.

Truth b told it probably will. Im the only one that i know of that have had problems out of one. Everyone one i know that has them loves them and havent had any problems at all. Keep up the mainenance and keep it clean and itll probly keep on gettin it

yeah in my older saws i run 32:1 just in my stihl i run the 50:1 you will get a lot more power that way.

My saw seems to be what I think is 4 stroking often at WOT in the large oak. Also when you run it a lot WOT it seems to get quite hot do you give it time to cool down often? What is normal temp for these anyway its prob not getting any hotter then it should but im not positive. I have a little temp gauge that reads up to 428 degrees F I could try out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back