Filters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just curious but how do you start that saw?

Oh man, that's an easy one. You just get up on the log, jam the bar tip down into the bark and run like hell. If you run fast enough the chain spins fast enough to start it...kinda like push starting a car.

Sheeesh...everybody knows that. ;)

I don't know what you'd do if you don't have a log. Big stump, maybe.

Is it my imagination, or do folks spend an inordinate amount of time modifying their stihl products?

I mean to make it run. Seems I had a friend that put a cut milk jug over his air cleaner so it would not get water in it.

The recoil is off do to the pull rope failing:dizzy: Also need to get the saw her annual check up been run all winter with out alot of cleaning. I say stock equipment sucks so go ahead and modify to your darkest desire:rock:

im sold on maxflow filters...just figured id vouch for em...i can get two days cuttin in the dirtyest of conditions cuttin with em...i can even be a little lazy with the 660 and get a third day out with almost an unnoticeable power loss...then i wince when i pull that faded orange hood off...look at the outside plugged an eighth inch thick of powder dust..and think man i should have changed that yesterday:bang:...but nope...been running em close to three years now...and not a spec of debris in the intake...not a spec:Dthis is a great product in my opinion...although i have ridden offroad bikes in the past and there is a right and wrong way to maintain a bike....er i mean saw filter:laugh:

Here is my setup. Husqwarna ms350xpw Artic Magnum. I know chain lose don't bang onme.

DSCF0583.jpg

Here is my setup. Husqwarna ms350xpw Artic Magnum. I know chain lose don't bang onme.

DSCF0583.jpg

:ices_rofl: Oh great...now I have to wipe coffee off the keyboard and monitor. Again.

Hey, can I borrow that saw next week? Got some big snags to take down. I think I have some wing-nuts around here somewhere that will hold that bar on a little better. They're not metric but I'll spot weld them if they're too loose.

welli have to thank hbrn for all the damn funny stuff thats generated from his statments. thank's guy's and gal for the laughs.:laugh: tryed to rep you guys and gal ,i'm tryin to spred it around.

Last edited:
Well what a piece. We have heavy stamped plated steel, maybe bolted to a gearbox. The shape says Mall or Remington, but only a couple decades back, might rule that out. I think it's a secondary climbing claw for a PNW Hide-behind.

Latest posts

Back