Finally found a 20" bar!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew15

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ok so even though its not a perfect match but i was finally able to find a 20" bar to fit my 362.And im saying its not a perfect fit because the bar is a 1.5mm gauge and the saw says 1.6mm so that groove where the bar studs go was a little smaller but i just took the angle grinder and after 15 minutes i was able to make it fit.(like i was gonna give up) Anyway, any opinions on the Makita bars?WhatsApp Image 2024-01-20 at 15.27.08_01064e15.jpg WhatsApp Image 2024-01-20 at 15.27.08_477114d8.jpgWhatsApp Image 2024-01-20 at 15.27.09_134ff56d.jpg

Makita bars are not as good as the Stihl bars, but if it's cheap enough! You wrote something that didn't make sense, the bar is 1.5mm but Stihl says 1.6mm, this refers to the bar groove where the chain goes, so I don't know what chain you have but if you have a 1.6mm .063" chain this would not be compatible to the Makita 1.5 / 058" chain / bar. Also double check the oil feed hole, not sure if it's in the same place as the Stihl bar, place old bar on top the check if in same place or measure it as you don't want to run it with poor oil supply.

Makita bars are not as good as the Stihl bars, but if it's cheap enough! You wrote something that didn't make sense, the bar is 1.5mm but Stihl says 1.6mm, this refers to the bar groove where the chain goes, so I don't know what chain you have but if you have a 1.6mm .063" chain this would not be compatible to the Makita 1.5 / 058" chain / bar. Also double check the oil feed hole, not sure if it's in the same place as the Stihl bar, place old bar on top the check if in same place or measure it as you don't want to run it with poor oil supply.
The chain is also a 1.5mm groove and the bar gets oilđź‘Ť

That Makita bar was probably a D009 mount, where the Stihl is a D025.
Not sure why you had a hard time finding a 20 in Stihl medium mount?
First, idk what D009 and D025 mean and second; Nobody really uses 20 in bars here. The only saws that come standard with a 20in bar are 70 cc ones and up, plus most of the time people run whatever bar length comes with their saw soo yeah it was only the local hardware store that i could find a 20 in bar. My dealer also had one but not only it was more expensive but he didn't had a chain for it so not worth getting a bar without a chain. Also this is probably the only 20in bar that there is in the whole village.

First, idk what D009 and D025 mean and second; Nobody really uses 20 in bars here. The only saws that come standard with a 20in bar are 70 cc ones and up, plus most of the time people run whatever bar length comes with their saw soo yeah it was only the local hardware store that i could find a 20 in bar. My dealer also had one but not only it was more expensive but he didn't had a chain for it so not worth getting a bar without a chain.

D009 and D025 are Oregon codes for Husqvarna large (D009) and Stihl medium (D025) bar tail mounts.

Next time you need a bar check the trading post here. I could have sold you the correct bar although the plane trip would be costly

I echo that, I come to Romania frequently as I have property there and send bits and pieces by cheap delivery usually before I arrive, if you need anything just ask. Where about are you in Romania? I usually go to Bucharest, Buzau and Brad ( Hunedoara)

Back