Finally got the Christmas Logrite!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dingeryote

Blueberry Baron
Reaction score
attachment.php
My wife snuck in a call to Bailys this past Christmas.
Got me a bunch of stuff, but it was backordered.

Long story short I have been using a beat up old junker cant hook for the past couple of seasons, and finally remembered to forget the piece of crap in the woods somewhere. So she also ordered a Logrite 60" cant hook for me with the other stuff.

It came in today, and just in time, as I was busy dropping and skidding trees around the Farm all day, and taking advantage of the heatwave.

American made, and VERY well done. The attention to detail is impressive enough that GM should take notes.

I was a bit leery of the aluminum handle, as I bent the last steel handled Can't Hook I had, but this one ain't gonna be a problem!

The thing GRABS so well it's not funny.
Too well sometimes, as it's a challenge sometimes to wiggle it off the log.
Logrite got thier hook angles PERFECT, and unlike the cheapies it actually DIGS under a load on logs from 6" to 30".

Call me impressed by a simple tool, but simple and effective is elegant, and the Logrite is as elegant as a Rolls Royce.

If you are looking at buying a Peavey or Cant hook, ya really owe it to yourself to snag a Logrite IMO.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Ding, I have the same model....best hundred bucks I ever spent!

Americans can build top of the line quality at a reasonable price.

RD

Ding, I have the same model....best hundred bucks I ever spent!

Americans can build top of the line quality at a reasonable price.

RD

No doubt!
Logrite is backordered because of demand, and I think I know why.

40 bucks for imported junk isn't cheap.
100 Bucks for something that works and will last forever IS cheap.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Looks good Ding. I slammed my cheap TSC one into a tree the other day hoping to break it so I have a reason to order a logrite.

No doubt!
Logrite is backordered because of demand, and I think I know why.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote
I'l go with 100 bucks for something that works any day:)

The attention to detail is impressive enough that GM should take notes.

That ain't sayin' much. Those clowns could learn a few things from Taiwan! :dizzy:

THAT statement should be framed and hung on walls all across America! :cheers:

Glad you're enjoying it. But Ding, you realize what this means, don't you?

I'm going to have to make a trip out to Utah and smack you for making me jealous! :D

Dumb question but whats the difference between a 'Cant hook' and a 'Peavy'?? Went out to the Baileys site and did a search on Logrite and they show a 60" Logrite Cant hook and a 60" Logrite Peavy, the pictures look the same!

What exactly do you use each tool for?

I watched the video with the log stand, that looks like it might be handy....

I have one of those in my sights for a future purchase. I'm going to try a log stand with it I believe. I'll have to see how much is left in the woodcutting stash after my 211 purchase might be able to get one now.

Looks good Ding. I slammed my cheap TSC one into a tree the other day hoping to break it so I have a reason to order a logrite.

LOL!!

Just Holler at Bailys and order the new Logrite. Once ya use it, you'll be so Mad at the TSC Cant Hook, you'll be able to bend it over your knee!

I rolled a 25' long 25"dia Red Oak stem about 40' this morning with the Logrite, and it was Nothin'! Saved time from winching, and my back for bieng closer to the splitter after bucking.

It's actually silly how much better the Logrite works.

Ya gotta do it!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

That ain't sayin' much. Those clowns could learn a few things from Taiwan! :dizzy:

THAT statement should be framed and hung on walls all across America! :cheers:

Glad you're enjoying it. But Ding, you realize what this means, don't you?

I'm going to have to make a trip out to Utah and smack you for making me jealous! :D

I'm closer than Utah LOL!!

No excuses.
Head towards Kalamazoo. When ya get there turn west. Stop when you hit the lake. :D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I never head to the woods without mine. I don't see a need for the log stand for my uses, but the people that have them love em. All my wood is in a pile behind my pole barn and it comes in handy breakin frozen rounds loose after we go through one of our many freeze/thaws. That tool is priceless to me.

Kyle

I have the same model with the log stand and it works great. Interestingly, they are made in CT, not far from me. You can order directly from them. Excellent web site

I work it pretty hard, or maybe it works me!

Back