Finally my carport/wood shed is Looking good!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love that setup, forcedintoit! Excellent work, and a fun Dad and daughter to boot. Reminds me when the girls were little and they'd help me bring in the wood. They're all grown up now, and I'm two weeks away from becoming a grandpa so I can start breaking in the next generation of woodcutters.

So cool that your daughter loves the saw. Hmmmm, when ya gonna get her that first little creamsicle? Maybe an MS180 in a few years? :cheers:

They're all grown up now, and I'm two weeks away from becoming a grandpa so I can start breaking in the next generation of woodcutters.

First off, Congrats!!

Some of my best childhood memories are splitting wood in the back 40 with my Grandpa. I doubt he ever knew the impact that our time together had.

Finally got the work done and got the carport full and ready for a couple winters! I am excited to keep the wood dry and make less smoke.....noticed it already in the rain storms but now waiting on snow! a few pics of the setup now!:cheers:

Use a stick on her rear. Then she'll bring it in. Keep doing it until she doesn't need the stick on her rear. After a while, she'll start to be good. You've got an important job as a father. You're not helping her at all by letting her have her way.

:agree2:

To the OP - beautiful set up.

:agree2:

Nice! Very nice!

Did you put anything under the bottom rails? Or is that steel on the ground?

I've thought about doing that, but I think I'd put RR ties under it to keep the metal off the ground. Gets you a bit more height, too.

Finally got the work done and got the carport full and ready for a couple winters! I am excited to keep the wood dry and make less smoke.....noticed it already in the rain storms but now waiting on snow! a few pics of the setup now!:cheers:

nice. man that must been a major job getting the wood under it. i need to fill mine up. did you anchor it down with the mobile home anchors or the re bar pins?

No the steel is right on the ground, it has 6 foot side rails which is plenty high! I do not stack my wood more than about 6 1/2 feet anyway. I went and bought a bunch of rerod and made 4 ft stakes and put them in 10 spots in the base! I am loving this setup so far!

Wind / car port ?

Nice set up. Any idea of the kind of wind your carport can handle? I, like others, would also like something like this in the future. Done with covering my wood with tarps!

We're having a pretty good blast of wind as I'm typing this which made me think to ask you about how sturdy you think it is.

Thanks in advance....

Nice set up. Any idea of the kind of wind your carport can handle? I, like others, would also like something like this in the future. Done with covering my wood with tarps!

We're having a pretty good blast of wind as I'm typing this which made me think to ask you about how sturdy you think it is.

Thanks in advance....

Well i dont know how much it would handle but it will handle a lot of wind.....we had 50-60 mph winds this past fall and it wasn't moving at all! these winds we have now 30-40 this past week and no problem!

WOW 16 cord in there !?!?!?!?!:bowdown::bowdown:

I just went outside and measured all the rows of wood and then came in and calculated the total and was amazed by my findings! 17.34 cords total under the carport and 4.5 cords of red oak cut last month! Damn, no wonder i am always tired!:D

Very nice.How sturdy are the posts with the girt boards screwed to them?Is there a chance for bending them if a stack leans out onto them?

They are very sturdy, the stacks of wood are not even pushing the slat boards out so the steel posts I assume are tougher but if it happens then i will know not to do it next time.....but no sign of stress!:lifter:

Well, technically she was running the throttle, she was smileing from ear to ear...check out the pics

Hey buddy, I love how your daughter was out there to give ya a hand running your saw and showing you how to do it and all. BUT, I have one qualm. Your saw, despite you having your hands on it too, can cause alot of trouble.

A kickback for a full grown man is hard to control. Adding your daughters muscle to the equation does not mean anything more. I would not have a problem with you having her do that with you, except, your wood you were having her help you buck up was awfully close to another behind it. Granted, the bar may have been all the way into the wood, it just makes me cringe to see the tip of your bar so close to another piece while she helps you cut.

Better safe than sorry! ;)

Hey buddy, I love how your daughter was out there to give ya a hand running your saw and showing you how to do it and all. BUT, I have one qualm. Your saw, despite you having your hands on it too, can cause alot of trouble.

A kickback for a full grown man is hard to control. Adding your daughters muscle to the equation does not mean anything more. I would not have a problem with you having her do that with you, except, your wood you were having her help you buck up was awfully close to another behind it. Granted, the bar may have been all the way into the wood, it just makes me cringe to see the tip of your bar so close to another piece while she helps you cut.

Better safe than sorry! ;)

Agreed, but i had a death grip on that saw.....just in case! But i agree!

Latest posts

Back