FINGER PORTED PARTNER 500

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echoboy86

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey all, watching Scott's video of cutting a squish band by hand promoted me to post a video of a saw i did recently. I have been cutting all my squish bands by hand, as it is much quicker than having to chuck them up in the lathe and dial in the run out. I find it much more meditative too, I find myself thinking about other aspects of the saws performance that i'm working on, all the while cutting a little, then checking, cutting a little more and then sanding for final squish.

I'm no pro and only have a small business here in Cockatoo, Victoria, Australia. THIS IS NOT A PLUG FOR MY BUSINESS!!!! So please don't flame me.

I just wanted to share my work with fellow saw boffins, saw nuts and CAD sufferers!

Here's all the digits for the number crunches:

PARTNER 500 (standard 44mm open port)

Exhaust = 105 ATDC

Finger ports = 121 ATDC

Transfers = 123 ATDC

Intake = 80 BTDC

Blow down = 16

Primary comp = 41

Squish = .021"

Timing advanced 8 degrees

Running stock Walbro WA-82a carb with thinned shafts and screws.

Comp is at 210 PSI after 2 tanks, should top out at 220 PSI.

Piston is a meteor with Caber ring.

Here she is in DEAD HARD! swamp gum, has been standing around 6 years.

IMG_0506.JPG

I have a few 500's fact is i just put a piston in one last weekend. I use mine to cut my firewood each year have to tinker on em some but they are nice saws. Looks like yours is cutting very well good job. Jeff

Thanks for the kind words fellas! I still haven't run a 346xp yet :(, would love to get hold of one though!!!

I just wish Partner had been able to continue on building saws. Really, these saws run very good straight from the factory. Can you imagine what they would have come up with if they had today's advances in OPE engineering and technology!?:chainsaw:

Bi'd love to try some chisel chain on here too, I think I could gain a couple more second. She's holding 11'600 and that is some dead hard gum. In green wood is positively SCARY!:eek:

Latest posts

Back