Finished the ported and piped mini Mac... sorta.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattthompson

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
View attachment 307899
As you can see the saw is mostly assembled sans handle and oil lever, partly because I'm gonna take it back apart to put on the death cycle, A.K.A motorized bike I'm building. I had a time dialing in the carb settings but 4 turns out seems to do the trick at half choke, any more the screw's start to vibrate lose. I had to sink the saw into some wood, and boy let me tell you it rips through the 5" red oak I had on hand. I had to hold the saw at the bottom of the pull start because it's missing the handle. I lowered and raised the exhaust port .5mm each, took out the divider, widened the sides 1.5mm each. On the intake I took out the hump and widened the sides to match the intake boot, I also polished the ports and ground a little of the lip of the inside of the pipe to Match the ports.

Man, that little crap box must be like a friggin light sabre now. Kewl project.

Well that's gonna affect sideways balance!!!! :)

The question is....

Why not? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Why is a subjective question. Why not is a smart a$$ answer. The answer to why is because I'm very hyperactive, have many junk yard mini macs, and a mini bike that was a bad deal when I bought it. I was building a chainsaw powered bike but I bought a moped the day before yesterday, so the head and pipe will probably go onto my 110. But I might put the pipe on my moped because it has a very restrictive pancake muffler. Any one who had a Italian moped with a Morelli motor probably knows what I'm talking about.

Back