Fire wood Kilns

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like a crazy idea to me when you can get nature to do the work for you for free. Sure the wood is cured fast but at what cost?

First I ever heard of it was here: http://www.firewoodguy.com/
I guess if your market can support the price then OK, why not? This site no longer seems to have pricing - they want you to get a quote. Last time they had pricing (2-3 years ago) the 1/4 or 1/2 cords were about $800-900/cord!

One thing that does make a lot of sense to me is using a kiln to kill insects. Whether it is to allow one to safely transport "quarantined" wood or even for the customer who prefers to store indoors without inviting ants and termites into his home. We know this sterilization can be accomplished in a few hours and consuming much less energy. Offering it as a service could help sales and differentiate one from the competition.

Exactly

Seems like a crazy idea to me when you can get nature to do the work for you for free. Sure the wood is cured fast but at what cost?

First I ever heard of it was here: http://www.firewoodguy.com/

One thing that does make a lot of sense to me is using a kiln to kill insects. n.

The market for kiln dry is customers that need bug free wood (BBQ restaurants, campgrounds). Here in Ontario it is becoming more and more diffiult to move wood around due to government regulations. I can cut green wood in the Spring and sell in the fall with 15-20% moisture content so why bother kiln dring unless I have to.

Firewood Drying Kilns

The website I found is called Mountain Firewood Kilns or www.mountainfirewoodkilns.com, they require only 108,000 btu's per kiln and the electricity used is minimal. I liked their setup and the price too, it comes complete ready to install to my wood boiler and wire into my panel. I am seriously considering purchasing from them. You have to check them out.

Latest posts

Back