Fire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bit about the fire is interesting but scroll down the page and you read all about Miley Cyrus and how she is secretly dating her record producer. I bet that's the reason slowp linked us to that page.
[emoji13]

Getn warm here. . . Very warm. Bet we might see some fires soon -- I'll have to hang close to the phone.

The central part of our state seems to be on fire. After spending a wunnerful week in Moses Hole, I need to swarp the ash out of the Pointy Trailer and hork a bit. Yup, the ash and smoke appeared Wednesday night there.

Even though the town has suffered, it is interesting to hear the various pronunciations of Pateros. Haven't heard Methow pronounced yet by them furriners. Don't move here.

The central part of our state seems to be on fire. After spending a wunnerful week in Moses Hole, I need to swarp the ash out of the Pointy Trailer and hork a bit. Yup, the ash and smoke appeared Wednesday night there.

Even though the town has suffered, it is interesting to hear the various pronunciations
of Pateros. Haven't heard Methow pronounced yet by them furriners. Don't move here.

Yeah, right. Girls do NOT know how to hork. They make a little squeaky noise and turn away and petew. They never even take the time to aim the phlegm at a proper target. And THEN they won't even discuss the color or texture. Say "Sup" to Benny for me.

http://cdfdata.fire.ca.gov/incidents/incidents_details_info?incident_id=1001

It's over 12 thousand acres now and running hard.

They found a body in one of the houses that burned. Looks like Mr. Smoke will be going away for awhile.

Edit....Maybe not. Just found out he's out on bail on the original charge. He might be hard to find now.

Contra Costa county had a wildland fire? I didn't they even had a vacant lot to burn.
It is amazing how few fires we have had in Collyfornia this year. Something like a 10 year low. Canada, Oregon, and Warshington have burned over it seems, and they even have rain. Let's all move there (if the raspberries and huckleberries haven't burned up).

Even though the town has suffered, it is interesting to hear the various pronunciations of Pateros. Haven't heard Methow pronounced yet by them furriners. Don't move here.

Meth how... like the drug... Sequim, like seak swim, Puyalip=pooee aa leep, Snohomish=Snow mish, Skagit=Skay jut, Sauk=Sayuuk, Stanwood=stain would, Siuattle=she uh adle;)

Don't move here...

I have friends who live up in the Okanogan Valley. (pronounced Okieknoggin:)) and they are next if the fire keeps burning up the valley. Okanogan is at level 1 and Omak is next. One of the friends is a retired smoke jumper so maybe he can make the fire go away? Smoke jumpers are like super heroes.

According to the news, Twisp (pronounced Twips:)) is also threatened. It is a former mill town which now is populated by trust funders and yuppies and the people they need to keep them comfy. It is poverty with a view for those who have normal incomes. Maybe this will thin out the less dedicated residents a bit?

Don't move here.

And 2dogs, we girls don't know how to hork. It just wasn't taught. Today I will start bringing in ash infested bedding and kitchen stuff to warsh up.

that fire is from wenatchee to Twisp! I heard it was threatening chumstick, and leavanworth, but twisp is miles away...

There are 3 big complexes. The Chiwaukum is the one by Dur Bavarian Willage. The Mill Creek complex is the Entiat area one. The Carlton complex is the trouble maker and started near Carlton, burned south to Pateros, and I think they are also including one burning across Loup Loup pass, between Okanogan and Twisp. I was listening to AM radio :p out of Wenatchee on my way home yesterday. They were saying that residents in the Antoine Cr. area, which is between Chelan and Pateros, were being warned to get ready to get out. So, the Carlton Complex seems to be just expanding outwards.

The Methow Valley had quite a dispute over where to locate powerlines. The PUD wanted to bring in an alternative line up the valley for backup. Some very vocal residents got that stopped. Funny, had they put in that line, both lines would be burned up. There is no power to the Twisp Winthrop area because the line goes over the Loup Loup area and has burned up. That's going to take a while to get back.

Don't move here.

With the valley blocked in with smoke here from all the Warshington fires -- you'd think we'd get a fire of our own? If I gotta breath it, I should get paid for it. [emoji50]

The contractor I work fir cut'n trees on fires is outta Twisp!!

I sure hope Saul and his wife don't get burned out! [emoji20]

Latest posts

Back