Fire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh. to be in the Klamaths now that there are crown-outs.

No thank you. They usually end up killing somebody on those fires. Dispatch calls other forests--like in Montana, and when they hear Klamath, they usually find a reason to decline coming out to help. Maybe if somebody went ahead and dug out the poison oak?

No thank you. They usually end up killing somebody on those fires. Dispatch calls other forests--like in Montana, and when they hear Klamath, they usually find a reason to decline coming out to help. Maybe if somebody went ahead and dug out the poison oak?

We felt the same about King Range fires.

not a forest fire but a 36" yard pine went up good. the fire department took care of it. for some reason my phone only saved these. someone lit off the duff and small shrubs at the base. burned all up the stem and took the crown out. would have been quite the sight . prob be back in the future to take two near by pines that got singed.002.jpg 003.jpg

Breaking NEWS!!!
Forest fires cause smoke.

Hmmm...is that why, on the Laytonville fire, the convict crews are volunteering to work down-wind? I heard that the fire camp had to get an entire extra truckload of Oreos, pretzels, pizza sticks, and other munchies. o_O

Worst smoke ever, was a big drift burn near the mouth of the Mad. I bucked logs all day, in 10 foot visibility, my eyes and breathing apparatus burned for days after that. They sent two D6s, neither of them made within 100 yards of the fire.

Latest posts

Back