Firewood cats and dogs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yooperman

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just curious what some of you guys do with the cutoffs,shorts,and other wood you don't want to deliver in a regular load of firewood? I always used to use them in my OWB until the last 2 yrs as I've started to sell more and more firewood. Last year a guy came into the yard looking for some wood. I was pretty much sold out but sold him all the cats & dogs laying around for $150.00 that he cleaned up. Figured it helped pay fuel/oil.

odd sizes

i sell and market mine to guys with small potbelly stoves and smaller box type stoves. i usally only sell it in smaller quanitys as per the customers request. i also burn them in my large stove. toughf to stack but burn the same as larger logs....:laugh:

usually pile em on top

pile them on top of the stack.I just stick a piece of odd cut or funky split in if I have some room in the burn box. Now if I am splitting by the pile and I get one that just won't bust. I simply take it back to the woods and roll it into a holler. Not worth fooling with. I have over 550 tops to cut.. no sense in wrestling the biscut, when the gravy is there.

Man I really like the biscuit and gravy reference. I'll have to save that one for just the right time.

Sell 'em!

Unless I have a specific order (24" long) (large split) I toss everything that isn't over size in a load. Branches, wedges, 3" cut-offs, the works.

Everything will burn. They wanted "firewood" didn't they? As long as it ain't punky I will sell it!

-Pat

pile them on top of the stack.I just stick a piece of odd cut or funky split in if I have some room in the burn box. Now if I am splitting by the pile and I get one that just won't bust. I simply take it back to the woods and roll it into a holler. Not worth fooling with. I have over 550 tops to cut.. no sense in wrestling the biscut, when the gravy is there.
eric--i wouldnt fool with it either with your schedule--but mine--i cut right thru the center with the chainsaw--then i split if necessary--or make small enough to fit wood burner--i had to waste any--just me--oly

pile them on top of the stack.I just stick a piece of odd cut or funky split in if I have some room in the burn box. Now if I am splitting by the pile and I get one that just won't bust. I simply take it back to the woods and roll it into a holler. Not worth fooling with. I have over 550 tops to cut.. no sense in wrestling the biscuit, when the gravy is there.

You put those biscuits aside and I will come and pick them up. You know with my small insert those biscuits will be mighty tasty.;)

Shipper

Latest posts

Back