firewood delivered 45 dollars a rick

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuckwood

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I found this yesterday on Knoxville Craigs List. I'm planning on selling firewood myself next year on CL, but competition like this makes me think twice about whether its worth it or not. But I'm guessing this guy is selling unseasoned poor quality stuff like box elder or hackberry. If he is actually selling a full rick of good wood, he's gotta be brand new in the business and will soon raise his price.

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/grd/4798250553.html

Firewood - $45
I have firewood $45 Rick delivered within a reasonable distance from me for free text email or call....865-233-62one7

i'd check it out if it's close. ya never know. 1 question is what is the normal price in your area. you could always stockpile for next year when you start selling. iv'e been known to make a quick $50 buying and reselling.:happy:

edit: ya know your gonna get whats a rick questions from this gang.:crazy2:

i see that and raise ya to two Georges of dry oak for $65.:buttkick:

Oh ya??? Welll...we not only got "Ranks" here at Wooly Buggah's Atomic Far Wud , for a low low $37.50, but we got Disgustings, Nasties and Mean and Cruels...prices vary, pick up only...

Now, if ya want a Standing Pulp Farmer's Bushed About Face Cord "load""..that jiss depends on which truck we gots runnin that day.....and how many Oilman's Buckets of diesel we need to buy to deliver.

At that price I would still order a rick from him and take the gamble. Pay upon delivery, no cheating in that unless you're an idiot and can't tell a wheelbarrow for a pickup truck. If that's the case then you deserve what you get, I'm sure it's not the 1st time you were "ripped" off. No different than buying a quart of milk at the corner store and buying that same quart at Walmart. You're going to pay more at the corner store for the exact same amount of milk. How come that isn't against the law?

And Wood Doctor's deal would be a heck of a deal around here.

Well, I'll show them, One Roger of firewood, delivered, 25 bucks! Or two Bills and a Tom of kindling, $55! Full Frank load of seasoned mixed hardwoods, only $75!
:laugh: Could one-up the guy...instead of a Rick for $45, you could offer a Richard for $50! o_O :laughing:

What's that, 'bout 1/2 cord?
Actually about two-thirds of a cord, racked up as shown-- 80/128. On occasion, I have packed in 86/128.

BTW, what on earth is the exact measure of a rick? Nobody around here has ever heard of it and the dictionary says little about it. Is it 1/3 cord, or 16" x 48" x 96" or just under 43 cu ft? If so, my truck is packed with two ricks. So my price is $60 per rick--split., delivered, and stacked, and my truck holds two ricks when racked up as shown.

Actually about two-thirds of a cord, racked up as shown-- 80/128. On occasion, I have packed in 85/128.

BTW, what on earth is the exact measure of a rick? Nobody around here has ever heard of it and the dictionary says nothing about it.
Wish you were selling around here. I would buy all you could bring and re sell it.

BTW, what on earth is the exact measure of a rick? Nobody around here has ever heard of it and the dictionary says little about it. Is it 1/3 cord, or 16" x 48" x 96" or just under 43 cu ft?
That's what they say around here...1/3 cord

Actually about two-thirds of a cord, racked up as shown-- 80/128. On occasion, I have packed in 86/128.
That's a pretty good jag on a Ranger!

Wish you were selling around here. I would buy all you could bring and re sell it.
Everyone around here agrees with you--I'm way underpriced. Most of the seasoned American and red elm I am selling is also barkless because the bark falls off as I split. Occasionally I throw in ash, but that usually has the bark still attached. My customers occasionally throw in a $10 tip.

Heavy duty tires, shocks, the 0ff-road package. They all add up to make it possible. When I show up with this much on board, customers sometimes call back for more in February and March.

Around here it's 50$ for a 8 ft bed full size pickup of cut seasoned split wood . A little truck like a ranger or s10 probably only 35$ .. .the most I ever seen for a full size 8 ft pickup load is 70 bucks and I doubt he gets much business ..of coarse it's a meaningless name but it seems Most people call a rick a third of a cord same as a face cord .

A Rick around here is a 4x8x what length the stove is... 16-24. It's common knowledge and all anyone deals with a cord is like speaking french around here at least

you could always stockpile for next year when you start selling.
12j.jpg
uk3.jpg

Latest posts

Back